Are you in need of a time-waster and you're sick of Sudoku? Check out this collection of travel-related games.

My Local Search mind freak game

roberrific

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Tags: local search, mind freak, friend, poynt, yellow pages, game, mistaken identity
  • Added on: January 7th, 2008
I have a laptop computer and wireless internet. When I travel around North America I freak people out by researching their address on a local search program, and then pretending I know them when they tell me the smallest amount of information about where they grew up... for example

I meet this guy in Toronto who says he grew up on Beaconsfield Ave and used to play softball in Trinity Bellwoods Park. So I type his address into Poynt which is a local search service that harnesses yellow pages data on instant messenger. I get the virtual earth map and zoom in... then I say yeah i used to live on a... Argyl st and my Dad was a butcher on Dovercourt at... oh ah... Vitalies.

Then I look up some names of nearby High Schools so I can rhyme them off like I used to live there.

Finally the guy tells me that he had a sister who dated younger guys like me, and I look like someone he remembers... So I remind him that he owes me money.
Simon Pegg is my hero. My new favourite movie is Run, Fat Boy, Run.

roberrific

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 11th, 2008
There are other local search programs you can use, but Poynt is the best. Its also great for finding movies anywhere in North America.
Simon Pegg is my hero. My new favourite movie is Run, Fat Boy, Run.

MLISS4816

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 1st, 2008
Nice scam Rob. Great to post that on the Internet. Now we're all onto you Wink
+++++++++++++++

A world of adventure...

Return to Travel Games