Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

Nature/Photo Ops Near Las Vegas

ManualDSLRProject

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 19th, 2011
Hello:

I plan to visit Las Vegas in March and would like to spend a couple of days outside of the city to see some of the natural landscape of the area. My wife and I are both photographers, so we especially like to explore and take photos.

Any suggestions about where to visit, stay, or eat would be greatly appreciated.

All the best...MK

http://www.manualdslr.com

cascada

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 21st, 2011
Red Rocks. It's just outside Las Vegas. I love it for the rock climbing, but there is also outstanding hiking there, and I think also canyoneering. If you're into photography, the rock formations (in color or black and white) will keep you occupied for quite a while! Enjoy!
Citizen of our One Great Dewdrop
http://onegreatdewdrop.blogspot.com

Scritch

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 21st, 2011
I've only been to Vegas a couple times, so I don't know if Red Rocks refers to a specific park, or you're just recommending the red rock formations in the desert outside Vegas, but the Valley of Fire state park is fantastic, and features plenty of scenery and rock formations for the photographer's soul.

And you can stock up on cigarettes while you're out there.

While it's not a pure nature photo op, the Hoover Dam is incredible.

ManualDSLRProject

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 22nd, 2011
Thanks, these sound like great suggestions. I have placed all three of these on my "day trip" list.

All the best...Mike

folecr

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 25th, 2011
Zion National Park is 3 hours drive from Vegas.

ManualDSLRProject

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 25th, 2011
Thanks. Yes, I found out about Zion, saw some of the photos posted online and booked a couple of nights there. Looks like a beautiful place. Thanks!

NKnight

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 25th, 2011
Hi,
I agree with you, I recommend you to plan your ultimate bachelor & bachelorette parties in Las Vegas Night Club. Bachelor Vegas specializes nightclubs VIP bottle service, corporate event planning, bachelor party & bachelorette party packages. VIP access to hottest Las Vegas nightclubs and gentlemen's clubs, limos, golf, dining and show tickets. Plan your special occasions including Las Vegas bachelor & bachelorette party planning, birthday and divorce party, corporate events and more.

Enjoy..!!!!

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 5th, 2011
I agree completely about Valley of Fire, and while you're out there, check out some of the places around Lake Mead, too. I've see wild horses, bighorn sheep, and all sorts of other cool stuff out that way. Depending on your vehicle's capabilities, there are roads from paved to not much more than a goat path out through the Lake Mead National Rec Area to explore. Good luck!

Return to USA & Canada Travel