Dust off a forgotten foreign tongue, debate the best ways to learn another language, pick up some slang in the local lingo, discuss regional dialects... It's all about being multi-lingual, baby.

Need Spanish Class Advice

Wiskee

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: December 4th, 2008
My GF and I are taking a 6-12 month trip starting in Mexico and working our way south. We are wondering what the best advice would be for brushing up on our spanish. Both of us had high school spanish and that's about it, and that was 7 years ago. I still remember some words/phrases but basically we are both beginners.

Are Spanish I and II courses at a community college good for our purposes? What about classes like "Spanish for Travellers" (which I am hesitant about for no reason)? Private tutors?

If you were me, what would you do?

Muchas gracias amigos....
Formerly bakpakaddict

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 4th, 2008
Any Spanish is better than none, and you can't go wrong by taking courses in community college. Course, you could take some classes in Mexico or Guatemala. I recommend Guatemala for the cheapest and best, BUT, a weeks course somewhere in Mexico couldn't hurt to get you started.

There are schools all over Mexico.

Return to In Other Words