Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

New Board Layout

Whistler

The Thunder From Downunder Goddess

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 8th, 2009
I'm a real ninny when it comes to all things technical (sigh) - I still haven't found that Marcus. But I am trying, I really am.

Why is it so hard to send a PM? Very often, when I click on "Submit", it won't go, that is the PM doesn't get sent, what happens is up pops, "The requested users to be added do not exist." in red writing, and I notice then that the box where you type the person's name has become blank. So I try again, and each time it's the same.

When I try to send a reply, it just doesn't happen. but I have found that if I look for a post, click on the name of the poster, then click on the send PM to them, sometimes, I repeat sometimes the PM will be sent after a few tries. Why does this happen, can someone tell me please? The same thing happens when I have tired the Add friend/foe too.
Thank you.
Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

MY TRAVEL ALBUMS
MELBOURNE DAILY PHOTO

Markus

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 8th, 2009
This may be a little small, but I'm limited by a maximum image width on the forum:

From the Members list you can click any of those headings to sort in ascending order, or click again to sort descending.

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 16th, 2009
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but can "location" be made a required field for new members? Not everyone will fill it in with their real location, of course, but I often find that in answering questions on these boards, it would be useful to know what country they're from (at least) to make sure the advice is appropriate.

Not the first Travis

Future Expat

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 17th, 2009
I notice I have trouble logging out. It only works about one third of the time. (Looks like I log out successfully, but then I'll come back a few days later and still be logged in.) I don't really care, but thought I'd let you know in case it's something you want to fix.

Whistler

The Thunder From Downunder Goddess

Share on Orkut

I hardly ever receive any emails from Boots anymore and I never know who has posted what where or when. It is a great pity. One thing I really liked about the "old" board layout - when you received an email you could read the post. Now, you have to login all the time if you want to read it. That is if/when you receive any emails. (sigh)
Ah well.....c'est la vie.
Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

MY TRAVEL ALBUMS
MELBOURNE DAILY PHOTO

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

- 2wanderers: we should be able to make the location field required. Agreed it's a good thing.

- NTFT: interesting about the logging out issue. I hadn't noticed it and I'm logging in and out a fair bit, but I'll try to duplicate it. Obviously it's kinda important.

- Whistler: is anyone else noticing they're not getting emails? All of my subscriptions carried over and I have a lot of them. I understand and agree about the lack of post info inside the email itself, but there's no reason why you should not be getting the emails, or some and no others. Perhaps some are getting filtered into your spam folder? Have you checked to confirm you're subscribed to the threads you think you should be?
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

anniebanannie

All that and a bag of Doritos

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 23rd, 2009
Not sure if this is the right place...but I was just looking at "most active users" and can those reports really be right? The monthly posts have a lower # than the weekly. The weekly has me posting 120 in the last week, which I don't think is remotely possible. Mixed up?

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 23rd, 2009
Yeah, that's a bit odd. Will take a look and get it fixed.

Haci Richard

Jackson's Dad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 2nd, 2010
Thanks for putting the topic along with the name of the last poster on the board index. I mentioned to Chris when I saw him in NYC last year and was wondering if it was ever going to happen.

minerguy

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 4th, 2010
Probably the best thing about the new board (IMO, screw being humble) is the 'View New Posts' button. Over the last couple of days it still shows me the newest one, but it isn't registering what I've already read. And yes, I have hit the 'Mark All Posts Read' link. My 'view new posts' is now 4 pages long even though only a handful of topics were updated. Are you aware of this? Did something change on your end? Chris I'm looking at you!?!?!

Now that I think about it, maybe the view new post part was already there and I liked that the change recognized what posts were new no matter what computer I logged in from. Either way it's acting different than it was a few days ago and my BootsnAll experience is 3% less satisfactory. Offsetting the 3% is the fact that I still get to call it "the change" a year later so I'll be nice and go to 2%.
Traveling by motorcycle to Alaska and beyond at BikeandBoots.com
Come along for the ride!

Markus

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 13th, 2010
Not psyched on the obtrusive social networking buttons on each post now. Would be fine if they were typical favicon size, but those big honkin' images are pretty distracting.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 3rd, 2010
Whats with the new home page? How does one access more than the 3 articles featured????? :?
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2010
busman7 wrote:Whats with the new home page? How does one access more than the 3 articles featured????? :?

Hello anyone home to answer my question???? :?
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 8th, 2010
Sorry, mate. Been traveling in South Africa with no internet access for the past week.

To access older articles than the ones featured there is an arrow at the top of the right-most article's photo that you can click on to move the slideshow to show more articles. If you want even more than that, there's an 'Archives' link right above the photos that will take you to a page with all the most recent submissions.
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 9th, 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints