Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

North America Recommendations and Raves

heathcliffthedog

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 12th, 2012
+1 to busman77's route 66 rec. Did that about 7 years ago, spent 3 weeks cruising along it. It's not actually one long road, broken up in a few places, but nonetheless worth a trip. Had the best pie of my life in some little diner on that trip (god help me, never wrote down the name of the joint).

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 12th, 2012
heathcliffthedog wrote:+1 to busman77's route 66 rec. Did that about 7 years ago, spent 3 weeks cruising along it. It's not actually one long road, broken up in a few places, but nonetheless worth a trip. Had the best pie of my life in some little diner on that trip (god help me, never wrote down the name of the joint).

That would be the Midpoint Cafe in Adrian, Texas which bills itself as the home of the worlds ugliest pie crust.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1014060642 ... 3110764386
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

softseattraveler

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 1st, 2012
My favorite, a Cape Cod vacation of biking the rail trails and dunes trails. Cape Cod offers about 100 miles of off-road biking on paved bike trails through pine forests and sand dunes. Mid May to Mid September are best times to go . Bike rental rates are around $20-$25 per day
From the trails you can reach several warm water beaches. Skaket Beach, Rock Harbor Beach, and First Encounter Beach are favorites.
The Provincelands trail is a paved trail through the dunes and scrub pine forest at the tip of Cape Cod in Provincetown. Look for the free parking and the nature walks like the Beech Forest trail.
The Cape Cod Rail Trail runs from Eastham to Wellfleet and is a largely off-road trail that travels for over 25 miles through Brewster's Nickerson State Park (Camping) and then through Orleans at Rock Harbor and on to Eastham and Wellfleet. Free parking along the way and at the Salt Pond Visitors Center in Eastham where the Nauset Trail winds through a scrub pine forest to the Atlantic Ocean side and Coast Guard Beach. On the Upper Cape, the bike trails of note are the Cape Cod Canal Trail and the Shining Sea Bikeway.

Christian Renee Friborg

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 15th, 2012
Too many places to go, yay! Thanks for the info!

thecitylane

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 19th, 2013
Hey all, if you're looking for tips on where to eat in New York - great places that real New Yorkers go to that all are highly regarded. Check out this link.

Friends are always asking me where they should eat when visiting various cities as I do a lot of research to find the good stuff, so I decided to do my own traveller's guide to food in New York.

A range of recommendations/reviews of places to eat to suit all tastes and budgets.

http://thecitylane.com/new-york-food-guide/

victoriab

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 31st, 2017
If you're looking for USA specific advice check out American Travel Blogger - some great destination ideas and tips for travelling the US. There's a list of hostels to stay at here if you're planning to travel on the cheap: http://www.americantravelblogger.com/be ... n-the-usa/

I think Austin is one of my favourite places - love the laid-back vibe and there's a really great foodie/bar scene. Don't miss Hopdoddy for burgers!

Previous

Return to USA & Canada Travel