Discuss and debate travel gear: backpacks, boots, packing stuff and all things technical like phones, mp3 players, GPS systems and other techno-gadgets.

One Planet Mini Freddy

LilaBear

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

Tags: packs
  • Added on: April 14th, 2011
Hey, has anybody used or had a look at the One Planet Mini Freddy? What are your thoughts?

http://www.oneplanet.com.au/hybrid/mini-freddy.html

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 4th, 2011
You'll get a whole range of answers about this one from different people, from the 100 Liter "I want everything I own with me" backpackers to the 40 or less liter "I'm a better traveler because I'm wearing dirty clothes" sorts. Here's my opinion - I think it depends a lot on how you travel and for how long and across what climates. I traveled for 3 months with a 40 liter pack through Europe and Mexico once. It worked. I was all carry-on, it was simple and slick. But I ended up settling in for my RTW trips with a 73 liter pack and never regretting it. In hindsight, I wouldn't have minded going one more size up.

Decide what's important to you, what you NEED to bring, and where you're going, and then pick a nice, general pack that can accommodate all of your current AND future travels. And remember that you don't HAVE to fill up your pack to the bursting point. If it's a little on the big side, enjoy the extra space. Better too much space than not enough, I say.

Not sure if that's the sort of thing you were wondering about with the pack or not. Hope it helps.

LilaBear

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 15th, 2011
Sorry, but you have completely misunderstood my question :) I wanted to know if people had used that particular backpack before, and what their opinion on it was (which is why I aimed the question at people who have used or looked at the pack!) I'm not looking for opinions on what sized pack I should use - I already knew what size I was aiming for. But I couldn't find much information on the web about the One Planet Mini Freddy and wanted to know if anybody could give me any first-hand information about it. Thanks though.

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 15th, 2011
No worries - I'm full of useless opinions whenever you might need them... or not as the case may be..... :D

Hope the pack works out for you! 8-)

LilaBear

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 19th, 2011
Well, I didn't end up buying it. Kathmandu had a really good sale on so I bought the Kathmandu Litehaul (38L). Am going to do a test-pack run in the next few days... I was a little ambitious when I bought it, it will be my first time going overseas and first time travelling for more than 4 days with carry-on only so I'll see how I go with my practice run ;)

Return to Travel Gear & Gadgets