A forum for members who haven't stopped moving just because they've produced another human being. Share ideas and information, the best and worst places to bring the kids, family travel tips and parenting stories.

Question if doing Americas, Africa and SEA is too much

singlemomtraveler

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: africa, sea, Central and South America
  • Added on: October 13th, 2014
Hi all,
I am a single mom planning to take a year off to travel with my son who will be 6 when we go (June 2016 - though I reserve the right to leave sooner) I am interested in parts of Central and South America as well as South East Asia but Africa is a definite yes. My question is this: I want to travel slow though still figuring out what that is for me. Would it be best to limit myself to parts of Africa and either the Americas or SEA or can I do all three.
Any insight is appreciated. Thanks
Sussi

JasonT

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 14th, 2014
Of course you can do all three. It just depends how long you plan to be travelling for and what your definition of "slow" is.

You could easily spend a year in each region if you're travelling very slow, or even living (ie. renting an apartment for a couple months) in some countries.

When I was backpacking, I aimed for spending at least a month or two in each country, if not more.

Jason

Return to Traveling With Children