Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

recently arrived in Kuta/Bali

ehkerropi

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 10th, 2004
I am travelling on my own for a week until my friend joins me. I am interested in finding people to do tours, figure out accomodation etc but as there are no hostels here I don't really know what the best way to go about this...

Advice?

Nick

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 11th, 2004
Ehkerropi,

Here's a link to our Bali web site. It has a guide to some of the budget accomodation options in the Kuta area, which is where you will arrive.

http;//www.baliblog.com

If you want to take a tour there are many activities on offer, including rafting, snorkeling, diving, fishing etc. Most of the smaller hotels have a selection of brochures on their counters from the companies advertising tours.

One of the best for taking a day cruise is BaliHai Cruises.

People have said that Bali is more of a couple's scene than Thailand or Australia and if you're on your own it can be harder to meet other people. I'd talk to people and see if you can meet some friendly people who want to take a tour.

Nick O'Neill
http://www.BaliBlog.com
BootsnAll's guide to Bali

Return to Bali Travel Forum