Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Recommend a good place/school for Spanish practice?

jscore

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 21st, 2010
or you can go to Cordoba, Argentina and do some privates there. From what I heard it can be in a range of like 5-10 USD per hour.

only me

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2011
i learnt my spanish on the streets of lima peru. and was totally fluent in 6 months
thay speak very clearly they call the languge castellano this is the original spanish as spoken by the conquistadores
languauge schools are just a very boring waste of money
good luck

only me

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 6th, 2011
ont waste your money you will learn it on the streets took me 6 months to become fluent and i am no linguist

NWBen

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 10th, 2011
Took 8 weeks of spanish at a school in Xela, Guatemala March-May 2011: Proyecto Linguistica Quetzalteco. $200/week w/homestay w/a local family included in that. One on one instruction and I was very happy w/all but 1 of my teachers. You can request which teacher you want to work with, otherwise you rotate to a new one each week. Very politics-oriented. Some extra activities were political and fun and some were just fun.

Friends of mine took classes at other schools in Xela that they were equally happy with -- Pop Wuj. Same price but the students spent a few hours a day doing volunteer community work, too. I was really impressed by them. I don't remember all the details but my friends loved it. One of the teachers, a guy named Mynor, aggressively tried to seduce a 28 y.o. married woman. She told him she was married. She had a ring. Her own teacher knew that the guy was trouble and had done this before but didn't warn her.

Plenty of other schools for as little as $130/week w/homestay that were nearly as high quality as PLQ and Pop Wuj. Price are increased somewhat in the summer, I believe.

Daniels

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 26th, 2011
I can highly reccommend you Verbum Spanish school in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
http://www.verbum.biz My instructors were very good and the staff warm and helpful. And prices are affordable

Tanita.Rio

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 16th, 2014
Hey,

ja you should check out 123teachme.com

I was in 2 different Schools in Quito and one on the Galapagos. I can recommend Ailola Quito http://www.Ailolaquito.com for Quito and also for Galapagos. But Galapagos is really expensive to stay, so better to do a volunteer project over there. But its also possible just to come to Quito (for example) and check ou the schools by yourself, and decide whats the best for you!

Hope you had a great time! ;)

Previous

Return to South America Travel