Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

RTW trip: Morocco, Egypt, SEA from UK.

lewclark

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Tags: rtw, india, egypt, morocco, thailand, laos, cambodia, camel, cooking, itinerary, pricing
  • Added on: March 24th, 2011
Hi me and my girlfiend will be travelling around the world after a years saving in September 2012. We've been planning it for years and its finally come to the stage where we're seriously planning it.
We've worked out a broad itinerary now after much changing of minds:
Uk (start)
Morocco (to Marrakesh, how travel around this region? Want to see Fez and Meknes, any other ideas) 3 weeks
Egypt (cairo only) 1 week
India (first delhi then fly down to Kerala via Mumbai) 1 and a half to 2 months
Thailand (1 and a half months)
then laos (3 weeks), cambodia (3 weeks) and vietnam (3 weeks) over land travel and back to thailand
Malaysia and Indonesia (inc Bali) (2 months)
Then back to UK.
As a rough estimate we've worked out the flights to be £1300 each and we're going to save 10k each in total (including flights). Does this seem a good estimate? Any ideas for places to go would be great guys.
Things we want to do definitely:
Kerala house boat
Cooking Classes in Morocco (1 day)
Camel trek into desert in Egypt/Morocco
Killing Fields
Maybe 1 thai island stay

any more ideas/itineraries would be great.

Thanks
Lew and Kat x
A good story is worth more than an old trumpet --The Legend of 1900

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 25th, 2011
Pace looks good to me — your timing through South East Asia mirrors what we did a few years ago — we stayed three weeks in Cambodia — but if you're only think of visiting Phnom Penh and area — that's more than necessary in my opinion. I'd suggest heading up to Siem Reap for Angkor, as it's a quick bus/boat/plane ride from Phnom Penh — and in my opinion shouldn't be missed.

lewclark

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 27th, 2011
Thanks for the advice. Will factor that info in when we're planning the itinerary for south east asia.
Really need some critique with regards to the budget guys. Any rough estimates and any good info about SEA, India, Morocco and Egypt?

LEw
A good story is worth more than an old trumpet --The Legend of 1900

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel