A forum for meeting other BootsnAll members on the road, finding travel partners and splitting the costs of a road trip. Also a place to search for long-lost road friends.

Russia-China-Mongolia-Nepal-India

kira

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 14th, 2010
Hi,

I am from India. I am planning to go to Russia, Mongolia, China, Nepal and back to India in Sept-Oct 2011.

I plan to take the trans siberian railway with stops in between. I haven't yet planned my trip yet.

I am looking for a travel mate.

Thanks
Vidula

littleadventures

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 16th, 2010
I'm going the Russia-China-Mongolia-Nepal-India route but in reverse, starting in India. Would you be open to going the reverse way?

The other thing is that I was looking to go a bit earlier than you. Right now around July-September 2011 but I'm hoping to go even earlier, like May or June through August.

Even if the timing isn't right, I'd love to talk to you more about the route and what your plans are.

Globetrooper

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 20th, 2010
I've always wanted to go on the Trans Siberian railway! And definitely want to put some time into Mongolia and Nepal.
@littleadventures I'm going to be in India next year in Feb. What about doing this trip in reverse. starting in India, from March?
Globetrooper.com is an initiative to bring people together to travel the globe together. It is a tool for adventurous travellers to create trips and invite people from all over the world to join them.
http://globetrooper.com

littleadventures

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 23rd, 2010
Globetrooper wrote:I've always wanted to go on the Trans Siberian railway! And definitely want to put some time into Mongolia and Nepal.
@littleadventures I'm going to be in India next year in Feb. What about doing this trip in reverse. starting in India, from March?

@Globetrooper This is similar to what I want to do! I'm thinking of being in India for a couple of months around March, April, or May, then moving onto Nepal-Tibet China-Mongolia-Russia.

My rough itinerary for my RTW is...

2011:
January: Thailand , Cambodia , Laos , Vietnam , Myanmar/Burma , Bangladesh 2.5 months (I may skip Myanmar/Burma , Bangladesh)
April: India , Sri Lanka , Nepal , Bhutan , Tibet 3 months (I think I need some more time for this...I was thinking about trying to get to India by March for Holi? Holi in 2011 will start on Saturday, the 19th of March and will continue for 2 days until Sunday, the 20th of March. I may skip Bhutan.)
July: China (I think I need some more time for this...Chengdu, Xian...maybe going to Shanghai from here, then taking the train/plane to Beijing then Trans-Siberian into Mongolia then Russia 1 month. Early July – mid July is Naadam Festival in Mongolia.)
August: Russia 2 weeks

kira

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 15th, 2011
Hi
Thanks for writing :-)
Due to some unforseen circumstances my trip has gotten postponed by a year!
Will keep you guys posted.
Do let me know how your trips turns out :-)
Kira

Return to Travel Buddies