Ask SouthAfricaLogue.com and other SA fans about all the hidden secrets of Cape Town, Jo'burg, shark diving, safaris and many more highlights of South Africa.

SA, Mozambique and Swasiland

amhals

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: mozambique, swaziland, south africa
  • Added on: June 17th, 2010
From 13 july till 6 aug. I will be travelling trough SA, Mozambique and Swasiland, so we have a little more than 3 weeks to spend over there. We fly to Johannesburg and then drive to Maputo and Tofo.
Does someone have any tips for hostels etc.?

Later we will go to St. Lucia, Durban, coffeebay, the Drakensberg and pretoria! Please give me
some tips about hostels and places to visit.

Thank you in advance!
Sander

Andromeda

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 24th, 2010
I haven't been to all the places you're listing except for Coffee Bay, the Drakensburg, and Jo'burg. Jo'burg I stayed at the Backpacker's Ritz which was a perfectly fine hostel in a nice area, in the Drakensburg I stayed at Khotso Backpackers, and in Coffee Bay I was at the Coffee Shack. I can recommend all of them and only wish I had more time to spend while I was there!

One tip- when you fly down whatever your first hostel is be sure to pick up a copy of Coast to Coast, which is a free little guidebook that lists reviews of all the hostels in the area (including Swaziland and Mozambique). Absolutely loved it and used it a lot!

travellover

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 7th, 2010
amhals wrote:From 13 july till 6 aug. I will be travelling trough SA, Mozambique and Swasiland, so we have a little more than 3 weeks to spend over there. We fly to Johannesburg and then drive to Maputo and Tofo.
Does someone have any tips for hostels etc.?

Legends Backpacker Lodge, Swaziland, offers great deal and amenities as well. We stayed there twice during our Swaziland trip and have a great experience. The one of the best thing that we like their price was really reasonable. Thus, for Swaziland stay, I recommend you this worthwhile hostel.

For Mozambique stay, I recommend you Hotel Tivoli. It has central location in Maputo and easily accessible all major areas.

Best Regards,

Return to South Africa Travel