Discover the last great frontier on earth...yourself! Discuss the personal exploration or spiritual quests related to travel. Share lessons learned and inspirational thoughts - delve deeper into self-understanding.

Seeking a Meditation Retreat in Thailand

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 19th, 2011

I am going to be arriving in Bangkok March 6th and am looking to begin my quest with a mediation retreat. I have never been to one before and I am currently looking into Middle Way's 7 day retreat in Phu Rea, northeast Thailand. Before registering I wanted some feedback from anyone that has any other recommendations or guidance for me! I would like to ease my way into doing this as I am used to a busy schedule filled with socializing, music and high energy workouts etc...(hence why I want to slowwww down my mind) so I am not interested in the extreme Buddhist retreats...but somewhere quiet, simple, beautiful and serene? Somewhere that has changed someone's Life?

Thank you...
- Sonja,

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2011
I haven't done one myself but I've heard good things about Vipassana. They have centers throughout the world, including five in Thailand. More information here:
Follow my travels through Central and South America:

Return to The Spiritual Traveler