Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Seminyak or Sanur?

megholm

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 23rd, 2007
Hi, we will be in Bali in mid february. The last 4 days we wanna spoil ourselves a litlle with a nice villa and some beach. Which do you find better, Sanur or Seminyak? Its mainly for relaxing, swimming, and a nice restaurant at night.
Im looking at either bali pavillions in Sanur or Alu Bali Villas in Seminyak. If anyone cares to comment on these choises, or know other villas that they would recommend, it would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Morten

PeterCatchpole

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

My personal choice would be Seminyak, particularly for the late afternoon sunset stroll along the beach, find a good bar for a few sundowners and a meal, perfect. Of course you also have the option of Jimbaran as well. The beach is far better along Jimbaran, Tuban, Kuta, Seminyak etc.

Just my personal thoughts. Hopefully, Nick will post a view as well, if you haven't been to his blog site yet, it’s very worthwhile a look.

BaliBlog

NiLuh

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

Both are nice, but for relaxing I would say Sanur. i love sitting on the beach there, and alot quieter than Kuta, Seminyak etc and still have lots of nice shops and restaurants to go to if you feel like it. NIce path along the beach for walking, cycling etc in Sanur. Also for some yummy food, go to Sanur Deli, run by an Australian, she cooks the best things.

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 29th, 2007
The beach at Sanur is shallow, and there isn't any surf. I like the other side more - Seminyak has more nightlife, surf, but isn't nearly as obnoxious as Kuta.

Nick

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 4th, 2007
Don't know ither of those villas, but my preference would be Seminyak. Greater range of shopping, nightlife, restaurants.

Sanur is basically European families on vacation, and expat families with kids, not exactly excitement central.

Tips for Seminyak: If you want a romantic / fun nightscene, check out Ku De Ta for sunset drinks, Ultimo for dinner, Hu'u for drinks and late night.

chanol

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 7th, 2007
The wife and I spent the first week of our honeymoon at Bali Pavilions. It's the reason why you go to Bali. We had a pool villa, excellent service, great food in the restaurant, and plenty of lazy beach days (when we felt like venturing out) and delicious street food in the local market in the evenings (when we wanted a more local experience). Definitely felt a bit less touristed than Seminyak.
www.houseinjerez.com

Return to Bali Travel Forum