Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Share best attractive places at Bali

CreativeOnline2

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Tags: bali, indonesia
  • Added on: June 22nd, 2010
Hello, what is the best attractive place at Bali according to your opinion, share it here.
David S. H.Tampa C.Beach FL, USA

richard121

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 24th, 2010
Bali is known for its picturesque beaches. Make sure to visit beaches at Kuta, Nusa Dua and Sanur. You can also see Ubud hills and the sunset at Tanah Lot, its one hour drive from Capital Denpasar.
Other than the beaches there are many temples in Bali. Some of the ones worth visiting are Ulu Danu and Uluwatu Temple (Pura Luhur). Uluwatu Temple is an architectural wonder in black coral rock; a popular place to view the sunset in Bali.

CreativeOnline2

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Good sharing Richard,
Can anyone share more info.

Solomon

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

One of the most attractive places I had the pleasure of visiting in Bali just recently was Amed. If you go to Amed take a look at the Good Kama Bungalows, Im not saying stay there but I did as it was in my opinion like a little slice of paradise and its in its own secluded cove, good for couples.

The Sights of Gunung Batur in Kintamani and awe inspiring also, although there is not much to do around there other than trekking.

Ubud was by far my favorite town for a bit of everything, the Monkey forest is worth a long visit, pm me and I will give you some advice about getting up close and friendly with the monkeys :) Unlike Amed where everywhere closes around 9pm, Ubud has a night life with lots of places hosting live bands and from here you can take day trips to many places.

Kuta has a nice beach although I was not really impressed with the place, unless you like lots of tourists partying, may as well go to Benidorm ;)

I am in the process now of writing my Bali stories and adventures if you are interested take a look at my blog.
'No matter the road is Life!'

My Travels around the globe
Jim-is-Lost http://jimislost.wordpress.com

CreativeOnline2

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 26th, 2010
Hey ''Solomon'' thanks for the sharing.

travellover

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 29th, 2010
Bali has plenty of attractive sites which are occupied all around the year. Batubulan is another Bali’s attractive place. It is a small village; there are lots of temples and other attractive religious sites. Pura Besakih is one of the historical places in Bali and a worthwhile place to travel around.

Best Regards,

As We Travel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

Tengangan village was awesome, an ancient village that they have managed to preserve so well!

CreativeOnline2

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Yes Pura Besakih is a historical place.

tracytravel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 15th, 2010
Tengangan village was really awesome!

richard121

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2011
Bali is one of the best island in Indonesia. Also the best season to visit it is a dry season as rainy season brings loads of garbage from other beaches and also dead fishes that stink a lot. Here is some more information that would be helpful for you if you intend to visit Bali.

ChrisLuise

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2012
Various attractive places that you should not miss while your trip in Bali are:

Ubud,
Nusa Dua,
Batubulan,
Pura Besakih,
Kuta,
Tanah Lot,
Terraced rice paddies,
Gunung Batur etc

Nazma

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 25th, 2012
Thanks all of you for your good idea about Bali. Bali is famous for its culture and beautiful natural view. The culture is so unique and nowhere else to be found in the world. The view is dominated by beautiful rice field terraces, coconuts and rain forest as the main occupation of Balinese is farmer. The culture and the nature have a strong relation with Hindu, their religion. Everywhere you go, you may see many Hindu temples. And their life is also strongly related with and influenced by their religion. This is the reason why Bali is called the Island of God, the Island of Thousand Temples, and the Paradise Island.

Return to Bali Travel Forum