The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

Show Us Your... Boots!

Stoo

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 27th, 2006
SurfingDan: You're either on an airline with the most amazing coach leg room...or you are really short!
"No. I was talking about the hooker in Reno" -- BostonBill @ the BOOTCOM10 Hostel

Marisa

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 27th, 2006
dan, nice legs..hehe Wink

jet, thanks. I also got the socks in Argentina, too Smile

BostonBill

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 5th, 2006
These are my size 12 Salomon light hikers I bought in Jackson Hole after my fellow campers declared my sneakers to be a biohazard.
Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias
Yosemite Ca

cltgrace

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

At a family gathering, my little Gracie was determined to try on each pair of shoes politely removed just inside the door. We noticed she was struggling & grunting, discovering PaPa Tony's cowboy boots. She managed to get them on and saunter clumsily around the house as we all busted a gut laughing so hard. What a fun surprise to open a package from Texas last week with these tooo cute boots for her 2nd birthday! These boots were made for walking and sure enough, Gracie loves to strut her stuff in her new cowboy boots!

The Ecuadorian Iguana

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

These are my boots, on top of a bus in North Ecuador, on their way to Intag (Apuela) for some R&R in the thermal hot springs.
You would work everyday if you had my job, too! www.TheEcuadorianIguana.com

Kash G

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

I don't really do the whole closed in shoe thing unless I have to. These are my "boot substitutes". They smell like a dead horse when they get too hot but they've been my faithful travelling companions for many years. BTW That's not all my luggage Big Grin

Donovan

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

Here are my Boots. They are great for the snow and climbing through chimneys.

Capt Steve

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

quote:
Originally posted by anniebanannie:
I thought maybe Captain Steve would post this one, since it's his...but here are my and Madhu's boots, after the May 2005 SF Meet Up.
great foto! sorry, i was on vacation in June and not scouring the boards as closely as usual for threads where I can re-post my photos. Kudos to Annie for taking the lead there. Thanks. Smile

whalewatcher

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 6th, 2006
Here are my boots on the way to the Taman Negara rainforest reserve in Malaysia--about two weeks before they fell apart (behold my swollen feet...):

ubersodlat

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 7th, 2006

All seasons Smile

Chuck

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 8th, 2006

For all occasions.

The Sportsmanlogue
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty" John Keats

FLMel

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 10th, 2006
Greetings from Ireland. I am well familiar with the search for the "ultimate" boot. Alas, I can't tell you what that is. just yet...the search continues.

My current hiking boots are Montrails, and I find them fantastic in cold weather; in summer mind you, they feel hot and heavy.

The pic I am submitting however, is not of my boots, but rather those of a friend who was visiting a couple of years ago. Any of you familiar with Burning Man? If not, check it out www.burningman.com

Larry Harvey, the founder of the festival was staying with us and forgot a pair of his shoes, and we had great fun stepping into his shoes, so to speak.
I am heading back to the playa again this year, and would welcome any suggestions for suitable footwear. I would adore to find a pair of boots that had a bit of a heel and looked kick-ass, but were still comfortable. Years of living in Birkenstocks have ruined me for fashion footwear!

Blessings to all

Mel

zaXon

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 12th, 2006
Pics taken at Great Falls state park (CT, USA)

These have always been my favorite hiking shoes.
Don't let the perspective fool you, I am in fact sitting in the waterfall, not near it. Whirlpool has nothing on a natural waterjet overhanging a one hundred foot precipice. Big Grin

I was sitting in the small one to the far right.

That's Sarah standing at the base. Only about the lower third of the falls can be seen here.

This is a great spot for a picnic & swim.
Let me know if you want directions.
-z.
-----
"On the path of life, ignorance is blisters." -Anon.
My Flickr. My Space.

Ruth Rader

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 13th, 2006

This is a photo of my feet when they stood on the floor of the oldest YWCA in the United States...in David Letterman's beloved Muncie, Indiana.

I will post an updated photo of my feet within the next six weeks.

After I sit down again. HeHe
http://www.ruthiessky.blogspot.com

Joey

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 14th, 2006
Here are mine!

PreviousNext

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum