Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Situation in Bali

derekharnden

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 1st, 2004
Hi, Is there anyone who knows first hand what Bali is like these days? Is it safe? Is it as it was 4 years ago? How are the locals towards visitors?

Cheers

Derek
Derek

skobb

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 1st, 2004
Hi Derek,

I'm know expert on Bali, but you should head over to the BaliBlog from the main page. One of the guys who runs BootsnAll is based there and its full of information. Plus, you could interact with people that are actually there right now.

Nick

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 6th, 2004
Derek,

Bali is quieter these days than before the bombing. Of course there are seasonal fluctuations and it depends where you go.

If you are in Lovina and easern Bali right now it probably seems very quiet indeed. If you hit Jl. Dhyana Pura on Friday night it could seem like business as usual with locals, expats and visitors all over the place.

Bali definitely feels safe right now, with no obvious signs of anything about to happen. The locals are freindly toward visitors and just yesterday I had a guy say 'Britain good, America good, Iraq bad'. I'm not going to say there will never be any more attacks but there don't seems to be large targets here unlike other places around the world.

I have friends from the US visiting right now and they prefer the quieter parts of th island like Ubud and Amed. I don't think you will have problems of safety here, driving is the most dangerous activity most people do here.

Nick O'Neill
http://www.BaliBlog.com
BootsnAll's guide to Bali

Return to Bali Travel Forum