Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

skyeurope has just crashed and burned !

whatyadoinsucka

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: budget airlines, skyeurope, eastern europe
  • Added on: September 6th, 2009
my brother said on thursday skyeurope is about to fold well they have..

SkyEurope suspends its operations

Dear Guests

Please be advised that SkyEurope has suspended its sales and operations immediately.

Those of you who have purchased flights with a credit card, please turn to your credit card issuing bank to seek refunds for unused portions of SkyEurope's flights.

In case you have paid directly to SkyEurope in other means than credit card (e.g. bank transfer, cash), please be advised that a refund may not be possible.

If you have ordered your flight tickets via a travel agency or organizer, you should discuss the matter with them first.

If you are already at the destination or have rented a car through SkyEurope's business partner, you may stay at the hotel and use the vehicle during the period originally agreed. You must, however, order a return flight from some other airline at your own expense.

You may also wish to contact your insurance provider to seek further guidance and support.

We regret for the inconvenience that have been caused to you.

whatyadoinsucka

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

hopefully others like wizz, flybe, easyjet, ryanair, etc will not follow..

only flew skyeurope once which was a very pleasant experience RIP

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

Only flew it once. Almost flew it twice. They put me on the wrong plane after mismarking their gates and taking my tickets for a flight to Krakow. Too bad I was going to Prague. Then they denied me a refund saying it was my fault I didn't notice what couldn't be noticed. They had no signs for any destination anywherein the loading area. Nor did the gate-keepers notice, nor did the stewardess notice until someone showed up for my seat.

They insisted they had called my name for the other flight, and that relieved them of the responsibility. They were very grave about it, and offered, quite nicely, a flight 4 times as expensive that I would have to pay for myself.

What I should have done was taken down, quite nicely, the names of everyone involved and then tell them my lawyer would be calling them. I would start by calling their customer service department in their headquarters and work up.
Open your heart, and your dreams will follow

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 8th, 2009
My only experience with SkyEurope was great - much better than better known discounters that I've flown.

Still, it's not totally surprising. Air travel is a bit of a saturated market, doubly so in Europe. With the cutthroat competition, I'll be very surprised if a few more don't fold in the near future as well.

Zuleika

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 8th, 2009
How strange - I live in Europe (UK) and I've never heard of skyeurope!!
Life is such an adventure, I can't wait to live it some more.

Return to Europe Travel