Traveling with 35mm cameras, digital cameras, camcorders, film, memory cards 'n All. BootsnAll members are welcome to post their travel photo albums, documented meetings with other members and brag-shots here.

SLR cam

aditya

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 9th, 2008
heyy evry1!!
ive planned to go for a trip to a hill station near mumbai....
i have an SLR cam, but am no pro at using it.
i know very little abt it.
can anyone gime any suggestions on wat should be the settings that i shud use on it???

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 9th, 2008
quote:
can anyone gime any suggestions on wat should be the settings that i shud use on it???
There's no right answer, it depends a lot on the situation.

When I bought an SLR, the first thing I did is read a book on exposure (in this case, 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson), which definitely offered an excellent introduction to picking appropriate settings.

Madhu

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 11th, 2008
When in doubt put it on Program mode ...it will be Auto settings. Without knowing what camera you have its really hard to suggest.
I'm Flickring away...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mreddy

"The difference between loneliness and solitude is your perception of who you are alone with and who made the choice." --anonymous quote

Markus

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 11th, 2008
Read all of the chapters in this link:
http://photo.net/learn/making-photographs/

That should give you a starting point for more research and general fiddling with settings.

Then shoot, shoot a lot, on all different settings. If you're shooting film, take notes on how you shot each frame so you can see what happened when you get your prints.

Return to Travel Photography, Video and Photo Albums