Shortcuts to the top content-heavy, interesting, enlightening or just all-around-awesome threads.

So, why DO you travel?

karen121

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 9th, 2010
I guess some people like traveling more than others but I find it so hard to understand how anyone could have no desire to venture out of their home country ever!? even just for a week. A friend of mine is like that and I cant comprehend it at all.

For me its a combination of all the things previously mentioned seeing new places, getting out of your comfort zone and so on but I also love the little differences like going food shopping and seeing the local take on the same products you have at home but with different flavors that you've never heard of before.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 21st, 2010
Haci Richard wrote:I think we're all running away from something. Maybe it has something to do with our mothers...

I have always, in North America, traveled for both work & pleasure but when I sold my business, did a 6 mo CA trip then bought a RTW ticket for a trip that lasted 11 mo, I believe that was karma.

Having decided to relocate, before I left on the first trip, as I could no longer tolerate the BS involved in living in Canada one of the goals was to find a country to relocate to. While on my travels my outlook on life changed & definitely was a changed person when I returned to Canada & saw the circumstances my mother was living in at a fairly high end nursing home, had to be placed there during my trip. So I made the decision to get her out to.

Flew back to El Salvador, purchased a house & moved us both down to paradise!

Of course I had to incorporate a bucket list road-trip on Route 66 8-) on the drive from Ontario to El Salvador before she flew down.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

K2

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 21st, 2010
busman7 wrote:
Haci Richard wrote:I think we're all running away from something. Maybe it has something to do with our mothers...

I have always, in North America, traveled for both work & pleasure but when I sold my business, did a 6 mo CA trip then bought a RTW ticket for a trip that lasted 11 mo, I believe that was karma.

Having decided to relocate, before I left on the first trip, as I could no longer tolerate the BS involved in living in Canada one of the goals was to find a country to relocate to. While on my travels my outlook on life changed & definitely was a changed person when I returned to Canada & saw the circumstances my mother was living in at a fairly high end nursing home, had to be placed there during my trip. So I made the decision to get her out to.

Flew back to El Salvador, purchased a house & moved us both down to paradise!

Of course I had to incorporate a bucket list road-trip on Route 66 8-) on the drive from Ontario to El Salvador before she flew down.

Wow, congrats on the move busman! How easy/difficult was it to move everything down there and start fresh?

Previous

Return to Best of the Boards