Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

Spanish school in Ciudad del Carmen and vicinity

amssports06

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: ciudad_del_carmen, villahermosa, campeche, mexico, spanish, school, merida, immersion
  • Added on: February 6th, 2008
I'm tenatively planning on spending about a month in Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, Mexico, and I would like to attend a Spanish-immersion type school while I'm there. Does anyone know of any such school? I would even be willing to travel as far as Villahermosa or Campeche (the city) if I had to, but not as far as Merida. Thanks!

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

I`ve been through Ciudad del Carmen a half-dozen times, but it never drew me enough to spend the night there. Is it a destination for you, or do you have another reason to spend a month there? It`s kind of a dump, and there`s little reason to spend any time there, unless you`re in the oil business. As for other cities in the region, Villahermosa was completely evacauted a couple of months ago in the awful Tabasco floods. Other Gulf Coast cities like Coatzacoalcos are almost completely Pemex towns - Campeche is the nearest city where you`d want to spend any amount of time.

amssports06

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

It's not really a destination in itself, but I have a friend there who invited me to come and stay for a month or so with him. Since I was going to be there, I thought it would be an excellent time to actively try to learn Spanish. Most of my Mexico trips have been to Sonora, Jalisco, and Nayarit, but they were only for about one week max. Every time I go I learn more (I'm at the point now where I'm comfortable traveling and speaking on my own), but I really need some formal schooling to learn grammar etc.

Return to USA & Canada Travel