Discuss recent articles published on the BootsnAll Travel Network. Ask authors questions, provide writing feedback and suggest corrections. Highlight your favorite articles, too!

St. Petersburg in Brief - Russia, Europe by Tatyana Kogut

jim humberd

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: st petersburg, leningrad, dresden
  • Added on: December 9th, 2007
RE: http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/07-12/st-petersburg-i...f-russia-europe.html

As we walked on the Brühl Terrace in Dresden, Germany, we smiled, shook hands, and tried to communicate with a group of Soviet soldiers. Emmy thought one of the Soviet soldiers was handsome beyond repair, the most handsome man she had ever seen (present company included). We think they understood that we were from California, and when one of them said he was from Leningrad, I managed to remind him that within the last few days, the city name Leningrad had been changed back to St. Petersburg (name changed on Sept. 6, 1991, and this was Sept. 22). He looked shocked, then had a wide smile of agreement and shook my hand vigorously.

travel_tech

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 25th, 2008
I have wanted to visit St.Petersburg ever since I read War and Peace. And you make it sound so lovely, I'll put it on my RTW itinerary.

Return to BootsnAll Travel Articles