Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Staying In Bali For Longer Than 30 Days?

Andrew Michaels

User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 9
Joined: November 3rd, 2010

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 3rd, 2010
So I understand that you can only stay for a month in Bali and then you have to fly out, get another visa, and then come back.

I wouldn't mind settling down in Bali for awhile, but this seems like a big headache. Any suggestions for minimalizing aggravation? How do the expats manage to stay?

Andrew Michaels

User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 9
Joined: November 3rd, 2010

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: November 3rd, 2010
I'm heading to Bali around the Ubud area and looking for a place where I can run my business. I need regular, fairly quick access to the internet for a fair price.

I'd prefer access from my hotel, but if I have to I'll go to a cafe friendly to the idea of me staying for hours at a time with my laptop.

Can anyone suggest a cheap place to stay around Ubud that has high-speed internet access and/or a good business with a fast connection.



User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 1
Joined: November 8th, 2010

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: November 8th, 2010

I've been to Bali, and you have several places where you can stay for good prices!
check on nick's homestay hotel bali. i've crashed there, and you have the wifi and everything you may need! ;)

have fun there! ;)


User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 4
Joined: November 14th, 2010

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: November 15th, 2010
The 30 day VOA visa can now be extended for a further 30 days. If you want to stay longer in Bali, you should look into getting a social visa. You will need an Indonesian sponsor for the visa. It is initially good for 60 days and you can then extend it every month for a maximum stay of 6 months.


User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 5
Joined: September 5th, 2010

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: November 23rd, 2010
If you want to stay longer than 30 days you need to arrange a 2 month visa at the Indonesian Embassy at your country or any other country besides Indonesia, as you need to have it in you passport when you enter Bali/Indonesia.

So as mentioned earlier it will be a social visa but you need a sponser in Indonesia. Check the Indonesia Embassy website in your country for more details, forms, address etc. Good luck


User avatar
Armchair Traveler
Posts: 28
Joined: November 17th, 2010

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: November 25th, 2010
I completely agree with Natalita and also want to recommend Nick's Homestay hotel. It is a nice place to stay as it is centrally located in Ubud and gives good value for money.


User avatar
Thorn Tree Refugee
Posts: 4
Joined: December 6th, 2010
Location: Sydney Australia

Share on Orkut

  • Added on: December 6th, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Just to update everyone on the tourist visas for Indonesia.
Please make sure you have at least 12 months on your passport if you are thinking of staying in Indonesia for 6 months.

One can now enter Indonesia and receive a 30 day Visa On Arrival for about $25US.
This visa since Jan 26th 2010 can be extend for a further 30 days @ 250,000 rupiah officially, but some immigration offices might try to charge more because it is Indonesia and rules can be bent.

If one is wishing to stay longer you can apply for a 60 day visa in your home country or apply for one in one of the countries in Asia like Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Singapore.
The visa in your passport will be number B211 which is the same as the old Social Visa ( that old visa previously required a letter of sponsorship from an Indonesian and extensions at the same immigration office etc) but not anymore.
With the extensions now you can travel the country and extend at most immigration offices throughout Indonesia - but in most cases you will still need an Indonesian friend to act as your sponsor but you can have different friends to sponsor you - not the same one like with the social visa.
I do suggest though you ask on lots of travel forums esp LP Thorn tree and find out where are the best offices to extend.
With the 60 day tourist visa you can extend up to 4 times @ 30 days a time and cost 250,000 rupiah.
This means you can stay in Indonesia for 6 months and really get to explore the country.

From reports on TT Bali can be difficult, but Surabaya in East Java is really easy and so is the office at Mataram Lombok.
Pamela - ( pPamela from all the other travel forums on the internet.

Return to Bali Travel Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

PLEASE NOTE: Your original BootsnAll Boards Member login still works by logging in below on the Boards.
We have a new BootsnAll Account that you will start seeing around the BootsnAll Travel Network. This new login is not yet linked to your current Boards Account. In the meantime, you will need to sign up (for a BootsnAll Account) to use Account features like Indie ™ , Traveler Profiles etc.

Quick Links

Community Activity

Statistics for the last 7 days

New posts:
Newest Member:

Indie - Multi Country Flight Finder
Round the World Travelers

Join BootsnAll on Facebook

1 (503) 528-1005

© 2019 BootsnAll Travel Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.