Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Staying in Buenos Aires Longer Than 90 Days

jlieberm

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: argentina, buenos aires, visa requirements, Extended Stay
  • Added on: December 10th, 2010
Hello -

I want to stay in Buenos Aires longer than the standard 90 day travel visa will allow and was wondering if there are any loop holes in the Argentinean Visa requirements. For example, I know in Chile if you leave and reenter the country the same day, the 90 days resets itself. I was wondering if the same or something similar applied for Argentina.

Any help figuring this out would be great!

Thanks in advance!

jackberry

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 3rd, 2011
I think you can also applied that kind of technique, but your problem would be regards on your flight payment it may double your expenses in fare.

juanka

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 27th, 2011
Hi:

I'm a local from BA.
I have a guesthouse where I bring accommodation to many foreigners, so this case is very usual.
You can use this till 3 times (3 x 90) without problem. after this, you're ilegal in the country.
My guests use to cross to Uruguay, in a daytour that is very cheap and nice (we are 1 hour by ship to uruguayian coast).

If you need to stay longer, and have some good reason (studies, family, etc)I reccomend, after de 2nd time, go to migration office and they will give to you a temporary residence.

Any other question, don't hesitate to send me a private email (see my profile)
Juan Carlos
==========
A travelhelper in BA
http://lodging4all.com.ar

Return to South America Travel