Like it or love it, most of us have to work for a living. This is the place to commiserate with other cube-dwellers and get tips from other business travelers. Talk about how the daily grind will one day allow you to realize your vagabond dreams. Share tips for turning travel you have to do into travel you want to do.

Stupid coworkers thread

jk1071

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: stupid people, coworkers, work
  • Added on: January 14th, 2008
I think one of the managers I work with qualifies to be on this thread. (And it sucks because she's a great person!) The thing about her is that she NEVER washes her hands after using the bathroom. Isn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?

I've been in the bathroom with her when her intenstines have unloaded, (sorry not to gross anyone out), but I'll be washing my hands, and she goes from the stall to the exit without even stopping at the sink. I offered her some Purell hand sanitizer at one time, but she passed on my offer. It's just common hygiene etiquette. How can she not know about washing her hands!?

It really grosses me out, especially since we work together and exchange papers back and forth...who knows what type of bacteria is on those papers!!! ICK!

Oh and what's worse is when someone brings in cookies or brownies for the department - she will pick one or two up with her unwashed potty hands and bring them to me...they might as well be toilet bowl remnants! Crazy Of course they go right from my desk into the garbage!

cherie

Librarian Gone Wild

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 16th, 2008
Do you eat the poop-tainted brownies, jk?
www.worldofcherie.blogspot.com

christina-in-brooklyn

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 16th, 2008
quote:
Originally posted by cherie:
Do you eat the poop-tainted brownies, jk?

That sentence produces a terrible mental image.
"What if the mightiest word is love, love beyond marital, filial, national. Love that casts a widening pool of light. Love with no need to preempt grievance." -- Elizabeth Alexander

http://www.brklyn-christina.blogspot.com

katied

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 31st, 2008
quote:
Originally posted by jk1071:
I think one of the managers I work with qualifies to be on this thread. (And it sucks because she's a great person!) The thing about her is that she NEVER washes her hands after using the bathroom. Isn't there a Seinfeld episode like this?

eww Frown that is seriously awful. how can people possibly not wash their hands in this day and age? isn't it common knowledge??? i mean, it doesn't matter if you *think* you didn't get any goo on your hands; what about whatever the last person left on all the handles! ick..

anyway, i was going to suggest that you covertly put up some very clear handwashing signs inside each of the stalls on the doors so she'll be face to face with it every time she sits on the can. and maybe one at the exit door too for good measure. and maybe by the sink too.

gettinglost

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 5th, 2008
I think this one may just take the cake, guys. Roll Eyes

I have a 25 year old co-worker we will just call "Bethany". (Names have been changed). Bethany is screwing one of my bosses. Yeah, okay, whatever- fraternizing happens. But, my boss is 50, married, and has two kids....... Yeah, gross.
Neither of these two nitwits think I know about their little "relationship". They chalk their paranoid zeal towards eachother, up to "being really good friends".
I was reluctant to believe Bethany was screwing old man river, until the owner of the company told me one day- One day while they were taking an extended weekend down to Ft. Lauderdale for the boat show. (Which, I kind of figured out immediately, once I realized they were both going "alone" to Ft. Lauderdale for the weeked.
The boss is the owner's good pal. But, the owner fails to see how detrimental this "relationship" is to the way his business runs. For example:

The place I work is a repo agency. I get paid quite well to put up with a whole zoo of different animals- and on top of it, my job is interesting- it changes from day to day. But, this is what "sealed the deal" for me wanting to leave and take my trip.

Old man river was supposed to 'unbury' a car from the lot, so a transporter could take it to auction, he does it every morning. He didn't, and was 6 blocks away, dealing with some detail about the remodel job on his house.
So, Bethany calls up one of our repo guys- and MAKES him come back, from a 45 minuite trip up to grab a car he had stashed (he was 15 minutes away from the car)...so her 50 year old boyfriend didn't have to be torn away from his vastly important task. Roll Eyes
I heard the entire conversation. Our repo guy did not scream at her, he didn't curse her- he did ask why she didn't call our boss instead, and then she proceeded to scream like a banshee through the phone at him.
Okay. Wouldn't have been a big deal if she didn't, then pull this shit:

She called the boss "her boyfriend". Tells him our repo guy was rude, and yelled at her. Boss comes back, tells repo guy what a piece of shit he is for 20 minutes at the top of his lungs- and repo man quits (owner laid off boss for a month, and begged repo guy to come back).
This... all for some dramatic little ***** he's banging on the side.
I was of course, appauled and visibly upset- the boss, then asks me what's wrong. I tell him it's not my business, and he has the cajones to ask me if I'm angry because I think he yelled over Bethany....

Well... DUH!!!!!!!

She wields her vajayjay like a light saber over ol' Darth Vader...and has made everyone's life a living hell.

Everyone has secrets about everyone else 'cept me. I keep to myself, and do my job.

I am SOOO glad I am leaving in two days. Halellujah!
"It's not down in any map. True places never are."
-Herman Mellville, "Moby Dick"

travel_tech

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 20th, 2008
Stupid coworkers are okay, its the bitter ones I cant stand~! Sometimes, if you spend too much time listening to someone who puts you down, that bitterness can start to seep into you! Avoid at all costs~

Stixenstone

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 5th, 2008
Frankly, I have a problem with coworkers that think others are stupid, that think they are the smartest in the room. It's usually the attitude of non-team players. It's one thing to have confidence, but at the expense of others it becomes arrogance, and there's a big difference between the two!
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2008
quote:
Frankly, I have a problem with coworkers that think others are stupid, that think they are the smartest in the room.
These two phrases are not the same thing. We all work with stupid coworkers. It doesn't mean that we think all our coworkers are stupid, or that we're the smartest ones in the room.

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 15th, 2008
Gah! I'm having one of those days where I need to vent about a ridiculously stupid coworker.

I work in Health and Safety at the head office for a medium-sized company. One of our branch offices recently hired a guy to be their local safety guy, which should have been a good thing. Except it wasn't.

Within days of him starting, everyone up there knew him as the Safety Nazi. He doesn't try to encourage buy in. He doesn't even really try to encourage people to follow safety policy, except when it involves filling out forms. When challenged on this, his argument is "I come from a military background...we had forms for filling out forms." Which isn't an argument at all. What's worse is, the forms that we need to have within 72 hours everytime there's an injury...take about a week before to filter down to us at head office, where we file WCB claims.

Anyway, personality quirks wouldn't be so bad if he at least did his job. He was hired to do audits on field crews, make sure they are following procedures. He doesn't do this too often, and when he does, he uses his own form. The problem with his form? It gives a grade. The way we do audits is we mark down the deficiencies, and then pass it on to managers to correct all the deficiencies. If you give a manager a form graded at 92%, they're going to say "That's pretty good." Even though they might graded down for things like chainsawing without chainsaw pants, which is a huge risk.

And then today. He "investigated" a quad rollover which resulted in a concussion. Investigations are done to provide some details on the accident, and determine what went wrong so we can prevent it in the future.

The root cause dumbass has determined for the quad rollover? Quad rollover. The employee had a concussion, so the first question that comes to mind is "was she wearing a DoT approved helmet?" Any mention of helmets at all? No. Had she taken the ATV safety course? Not even mentioned. Was she riding somewhere she shouldn't have been? Again, no mention.

The only useful part of the investigation, which I'm betting he spent at least half a day on, is where he mentions that she couldn't jump clear of the ATV because of the way a tripod was strapped on. Which is good to know, but providing an escape route, while important, is secondary to figuring out why the quad rolled in the first place, which isn't addressed in the investigation at all.

Anyway, just needed to vent. Most of my coworkers are great, but getting people to work it seems like the only people willing to work in Safety in northern oil towns starting with the word "Fort" are idiots.

ord2rtw2013

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 26th, 2011
Oh I love it! I work with 4 great people, but the other two are gossips. Overweight cookie pushing gossips. When I first came to this department I immediately became their "enemy" because I refused to divulge any information about my private life to them. Everytime these people would ask me a personal question, I'd immediately relay it to something work related. I decided to do this because I became aware of their true nature when they complimented a woman on her hair. Right afterward they started saying how horrible her hair looked and that she should do something about her fat a$$! I work on the other side of them, so I hear all the stuff they say about everyone. I've never been a gossip and I don't care to talk about celebrity news or the debate on the best fantast football team. Luckily, I don't have to deal with these people too much, but I've noticed that the people they're friendly with give me funny looks. I find it funny that people can judge me based on what others have said. All of the intelligent people like me. lol

All I have to say is that the other four are cool people that truly have awesome lives outside of work and therefore are a joy to be around. The other two are overweight office cookie gossip pushers that just get on my f***ing nerves! Ahhh...that felt good! :lol:

cherie wrote:I am opening this thread for all of those who have stupid coworkers (which is probably most of us). Please come here to vent about whatever morons are pissing you off, or something frustrating that happens at work. We are here for you.

Previous

Return to Corporate Wasteland & Business Travel