Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Suggestion on Bali 1-week itinery?

jo.piggy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 9th, 2010
Hello,

I'm going to Bali solo in the first week of October for a week.. have already booked first 2 nights in Kuta. wanted to see many places but realized a week is not enough. This holiday is supposed to be relax, relax, and relax, plus sight seeing, meeting the locals, and take nice photos. oh, and spa, heard lots of the spa from friends, so would try at least one (:

Anyway, any suggested itinery to follow? was thinking maybe either to stay in the east side, sanur? but i also want to go to ubud.

welcome all your inputs (:

thanks a lot!

cheers,
Jo

As We Travel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 14th, 2010
The best places to relax is without a doubt Amed and Ubud (although Amed is quite tricky to reach and far from civilization - but it's absolutely stunning!).

Ubud is often referred to as the Spa heaven, there are heaps of Spa resorts and places you can go for a nice treat for the evening.

It's the absolute best place to base yourself in if you want to stay in a calm, layed back area and far away from the bustling Kuta and its partying.

There are many art villages just outside Ubud, and they all go to Ubud to sell their crafts.
There are also quite a few good seightseeing things to see, like the Monkey Forrest, some famous temples and rice fields.
Ubud has much more of a cultural feel than Sanur and I thought it was more beautiful as well, but big plus about Sanur is that it's right by the beach.

The good thing about Bali is that it's a pretty small island so no matter where you live you can reach most places within a few hours.
If you choose to stay in Sanur you can always check out Ubud for the day, and vice versa.

Hope this helps, have a great time!

jo.piggy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 21st, 2010
Hi (:

Thanks for the suggestion, would definitely visit Ubud. am looking forward very much for this one-week break from the city.

That's great, will explore Bali during my stay. I find it too short a stay come to think of it.

Anyway, thanks again.

(:
Joanne

Jim Porter

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 27th, 2011
I hear a lot about Ubud and plan to stay there for New Year celebration on Bali this year but never heard Amed before. I'll googling Amed but if you have nice experience during your stay Amed, I'd like to hear your story here.
Jim Porter always get his travel bag from Best Luggage Brands

chasdapper

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 1st, 2011
I'm not too much of a fan of Amed - the diving is great (especially the US andJapanese wrecks) but the beaches are poor compared with the rest of the island. I would take the ferry to Nusa Lembongan, and then direct to the Gili Islands for a few days. You can then get a direct high speed boat to Amed (presuming you want to dive) and then travel south past Padang Bai and Ubud back to the airport. That would be absolutely fantastic! :D

Return to Bali Travel Forum