Travel from a student's perspective. Learn how to vacation between semesters, the benefits of studying overseas and where to get excellent spring break deals. Research affordable weekend getaways and debate what provides a better education: school or the world?

Summer Exchange Program

rlucas1208

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: student, spain, summer, exchange, program, home, stay, cultural immersion, spanish
  • Added on: January 11th, 2013
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on summer exchange programs for high school students. I would like to have a homestay in a Spanish speaking country. I already have 5 years of study under my belt if that matters. I've been looking but it seems like a majority of the major companies charge $8000+. Now i know that it won't be cheap but i was thinking more in the $4000 range. Any help would be great.

JamesCrandell

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 19th, 2013
Well, if you are from England or some other speaking country then you could sign for an exchange program: You host some Spanish students in your home while you live in theirs. This way, you won't have to pay anything - in fact, there are thousands of Spaniards who would be willing to pay YOU for this service, as learning English in Spain has became extremely trendy nowadays.

Return to Student Travel