Discuss a good book to read on a trip or movies that make you long to be on the road. Share your recommendations for music - both your old favorites and the new ones you discovered overseas. Brag about run-ins with the hottest upcoming bands.

Taking a Kindle on the Road

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Tags: Kindle2, books, argentina, uruguay
  • Added on: March 24th, 2011
Last year, instead of taking 5+ pounds of books with me to Canada, I took a fully loaded Amazon Kindle2 with more books than I could be expected to read in a lifetime. It worked like a dream, but later this year, I am heading to South America, specifically Argentina and Uruguay and wonder if an adapter is okay for recharging it, or whether I need a transformer. Information seems to be contradictory, so I'm wondering if any of you out there have any experience taking a Kindle2 to countries with different electricity and plug requirements.

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 24th, 2011
Not a problem—the white plug is a 100–240V input plug, so it can take the voltages in South America. Had no problems in Argentina. That means any adaptor will do (no transformer necessary). Plus, if you're worried—you can charge via the USB instead.

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 26th, 2011
Kate and Dan wrote:Not a problem—the white plug is a 100–240V input plug, so it can take the voltages in South America. Had no problems in Argentina. That means any adaptor will do (no transformer necessary). Plus, if you're worried—you can charge via the USB instead.

Thanks for the info.

Return to Travel-Related Books, Music & Movies