The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

The YEE-HAW, I Just Booked My Ticket Thread

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 28th, 2013
Nothing fancy, booked long weekend getaway to florida in July with my wife...
Josh and Nicole aren't going anywhere for a while, but you can still read about their past trips herehttp://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

KnottyNikki

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 22nd, 2013
Leaving for six weeks in the UK on April 2nd, which I'm flying on an award ticket...those FF miles do add up, eventually!

Then in May I'm flying from the UK to Australia. I just got that flight sorted out today, even though I booked it three days ago. I booked through Qantas but never received a confirmation email, so I called them. They said my card was declined. So we did it again. The woman on the phone said everything was sorted and sent me a confirmation. Two days later I still couldn't select my seats for my flights, which was the only clue anything was wrong. I called them again. Again, my card had been declined, so the flights were booked but not ticketed. And NO ONE ever bothered to tell me my flights weren't confirmed. They read confirmed on the Qantas website, I had a confirmation email, everything. Ugh. Turns out, Mastercard had flagged my card for possible suspicious activity which resulted in MORE calls.

Moral of the story? I'm not sure. I've never flown with Qantas before but I'm beginning to dislike them already.At least I'll get Aadvantage miles for my flight to Aus! That'll add up to a decent amount. :)
Visit me at my internet space. http://narcissisticvagabond.com

backlasher

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2013
My wife and I will be leaving on a cruise April 7th. We'll go to Roatan, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. We've been to all of them several times but when you live 35 miles from Galveston, you go. Another reason is I had my left hip replaced on December 28th. and I'm not up to long walks yet. I can walk O.K. but not far enough for Europe yet.
"There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done."
Circle of Life - The Lion King

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 20th, 2013
I'm on my way to Iceland next month. Hopefully, this will put all my troubles on ice.

jeffV

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 22nd, 2013
okey a big YAAY moment, i just finished booking my RTW -in-30days-trip!
after a price comparison i booked them all "manually" (besides pricing i'd loved the searching,sorting and booking!)
so i will be leaving The Netherlands on september 15th and returning october 15. here's the itinerary :
Ams-Dubai (stopover istanbul 2h),// Dubai - Abu dhabi(by car) // Abu Dhabi - HongKong(stopover doha 1,5h) // HongKong - Singapore, // Singapore - Osaka (stopover TPE 50min) // Osaka - Tokyo(shinkansen) // Tokyo - Toronto (stopover LAX 2h) // Toronto -- Chiacgo -- Miami /#/ Miami - Amsterdam (via NYC 18H layover, and Moscow 10,5H layover(so yaaaaay i can go out and see the red-sqare and stuff arround it whilst there)

Here is the route

its quite a busy scedule but from past experiance with interrailing (eu-rail) its do-able

larizzle

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 23rd, 2013
BIG victory! -- booked an award ticket yesterday, ALL business class, to AFRICA!!!
Figuring out the routing was tricky and time-consuming... but as it ended up:

-16 day stopover in Kenya
-1 month in South Africa

And on the way home (and because you can't get award tickets directly from South Africa to the US for some reason)...
-20 hours in Austria

I leave in January :D (!!)
needle girl, haystack world: tales of a television producer in search of adventure.

will0502

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 24th, 2013
Using reward points through my bank (which was a nightmare), I managed to score a $700 CAD flight from Alberta to Bangkok roundtrip. 11 weeks backpacking through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
It is better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way. - Alan Watts.

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 29th, 2013
Managed to book award travel to Hawaii in late March for two weeks from now for 8 nights...Business class to LAX and First to OGG on American then back from HNL to LAX first and LAX to NYC business on american...cashed in 150K miles really wasnt bad...
Josh and Nicole aren't going anywhere for a while, but you can still read about their past trips herehttp://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 4th, 2016
booked a ticket to India via Moscow for December 2016! still love posting my travel plans in this thread.

Previous

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum