Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Things to do in Singapore

mnmn

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 9th, 2011
Hi, We have a trip planned in Singapore. I need some ideas of what we should see and do. Any suggestions on great activities to do. Could anyone give some tips? Thanks

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 9th, 2011
'
1. Once you get there, get out, see Malaysia. Its a lot more interesting in the last analysis, but you have to be there for a while to realise just how BORING the city is.

2. The Singapore Zoo is very good, and I hear the night Jungle safari adventure is really cool. It has a cool cultural center. I managed to see an Australian version of Singin in the Rain, and caught a glimpse of huge Indian Golfer who turned out to be V.J Singh. He is one big man.

They have a very good city history musuem, but if you're smart, you'll see the 3 d movie isnt full of Singaporean chinese children. Their gutteral screams were enough to half deafen me.

Then of course there are the food courts with great chinese food at cheap prices, and the electronics shopping in the malls.

There this resort Island I refused to go to, put perhaps you will find a resort island with a beach interesting.

That about all I found there of touristic interest, except for movie theatres and shopping malls.

Their culture, far as I could see it as a non-chinese speaking foriegner living in a hovel of what they called a hostel, is pretty obscure to strangers. They seem to go around with their nose in the air a lot, and believe in a clean city. I found the Malaysians a lot more accessible as a people.

BTW- someone stole all my warm weather shirts I had collected over the years in Singapore, and I haven't yet replaced my favorite loose weave long sleeved mexican shirt. Air went right through it, cooling me, but the fabric kept my skin from burning.

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 10th, 2011
Science museum is top notch if you are that way inclined or have kids (by the way, you say "we" - is that you and spouse or you and friends or family, how old are you, what are you interested in????)

A boat trip out to Pulau Ubin, where we hired bicycles and rode around, getting caught in a thunder storm, attacked by mosquitoes and chattered at by monkeys was perhaps our most memorable day - it was right at the beginning of our trip and one of the kids said on the boat trip back, "I wish we could just do this every day."

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This first post was posted verbatim on the Lonely Planet forum here or on the FlyerTalk forums here.

Unfortunately, these are spam posts. The OP never actually returns to follow up on the thread — or thanks anybody for the advice given!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

Last I heard Singapore was a tad removed from Europe! :evil:
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 11th, 2011
I've had my doubts about this dude and was purposely posting questions to see if there would be a response! He/She (or his/her friends) is interested in everything from Kili to HK!

Beachcombers

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 11th, 2011
mnmn wrote:Hi, We have a trip planned in Singapore. I need some ideas of what we should see and do. Any suggestions on great activities to do. Could anyone give some tips? Thanks

How about shopping for your Aunt, Brother, Niece, your friend, your friends friend and the friends friend dog's mate or anyone else you reference for your inane, pointless posts about going "somewhere".

I am sure you could get a discount on a job lot on travel guides!

But only if you have good morals about it.......

Don't forget your history
Know your destiny
In the abundance of water
The fool is thirsty

"Rat race" - Bob Marley

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 12th, 2011
Thanks for the giggle Beachcombers. Glad I turn out to be not too cynical, or at least not alone!

Lucky Luke

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

M-2-M, you are definitely not alone on this one!

I'm sure Hydro must by keeping an eye on this poster but I'm guessing, other than being a pain in ass, they might not actually be breaking any actual rules..?

Has anyone tried PMing the OP to (politely) ask them what their deal is?
To give benefit of the doubt, they may genuinely think they are encouraging dialogue, I've never seen a post pushing the website in the auto-sig...
I may be naive about the workings of internetland but I can't see what benefit they are getting out of this.

Lucky Luke

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

Erm... just looked at plmnjiko (aka mnmn)'s posts on Thorn Tree.

Does this game look familiar to anyone??

Geez, it even still kicks off with the sweetcorn question!

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

We could all just refuse to answer any of his/her posts??????

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Lucky Luke wrote:M-2-M, you are definitely not alone on this one! I'm sure Hydro must by keeping an eye on this poster but I'm guessing, other than being a pain in ass, they might not actually be breaking any actual rules..?

Spamming their link may have marginal SEO benefits, but the major engines generally discount such links—as the practice is generally frowned upon.

Looks, however, like Hydro killed their sig — it's likely the OP will stop now.

Jelena Koprivica

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2011
There are many interesting places to visit. And the most interesting thing to do is shopping. The big malls will really lure you to shop. 8-)

denisenicho

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2011
Singapore prefer to remain awake all night as the residents like to party till the wee hours of the morning at the discos and the pubs that play jazz/ rock/pop songs that would compel you to shake a leg with the rest of the crowd.

For shop alcoholics Orchard Road is the best place to be and shopping at this place is going to be an experience that you would treasure for the rest of your life.

Dine at the most reputed restaurants and pamper your taste buds by opting for restaurants that serve excellent sea - food or international cuisine or Chinese cuisine.

Check out the multiplexes for a movie or the theaters for a musical play or other kinds of plays.

Pump in your adrenalin by opting for various adventure sports such as the sky ride or opt to drive the Sentosa Luge. Make use of the golfing facilities if you are associated with this sport or just fond of it.

Return to Asia Travel