Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

Tipping In USA?

Hideo

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 28th, 2011
Felix the Hat wrote:
Hideo wrote:Buncha resentnik words

Do you scowl at all cultural differences, or just this one? Maybe you're not cut out for travel.

I GET REALLY FUCKING MAD WHEN THOSE PEOPLE IN ASIA EXPECT I TAKE MY SHOES OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S UNSANITARY AND RACIST AGAINST MY CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT LIKE WE DO IT AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yawn...

I can only assume you used to work as a waiter since this bugs you so much. Then again you don't sound as though you're old enough yet to have had a job.

Do I scowl at all cultural differences and maybe I'm not cut out for travel? Well where have I said that I don't follow the tradition in the US when I'm there? And where have I said that I don't follow the local customs elsewhere too? Grow up.

No need to answer since you can't without getting angry.
The Never Ending Tour - short tales from my travels http://www.theneverendingtour.blogspot.com/

My Japan World Cup Blog http://japan.worldcupblog.org/

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step."

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 28th, 2011
For what it's worth, I think that a waiter reminding someone to tip for no reason other than a foreign accent is reason not to tip.

But yeah, I worked as a waiter for a dozen years. If you had any idea how much the service despises Commonwealth accents (oddly, it's only British Commonwealthers and Scandinavians who don't tip in the States) ...

Enough. You True Travelers will continue to sneer at US customs, and US service will continue to hate your guts. It's because they are tourists and don't have any Che t-shirts and clown pants.

Previous

Return to USA & Canada Travel