Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Tokyo to Hiroshima?

Jason Ferlay

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 9th, 2004
How much and how long does the bullet train fron Tokyo to Hiroshima take. Can you do it as a day trip or is it best to spend the night in Hiroshima before returning to Tokyo?

philip blazdell

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

jason

depends on if you buy a rail pass (good idea) or a ticket on the day (bad idea) - If I remember correctly it takes about 6 hours...its worth staying over night there and visiting the fab Miajima Island - drop me a line if you want more details

Philip
www.philipblazdell.com

Liz in Japan

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

The fastest train takes 3 hours if I am not mistaken. The slow bullet train takes around 6. If I remember correctly, it costs about 20,000 yen each way.
You're better to wait until you get to Japan though (if you are going to be here for a while) and go to a travel agency. They always have shinkansen (bullet train) and hotel deals for around 30,000 yen for 1 night (based on double occupancy - if you're by yourself you'll have to pay a single supplement). You can't beat that.
Liz
My blog: http://datigz.blogspot.com

None of your business

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 1st, 2004
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Ferlay:
How much and how long does the bullet train fron Tokyo to Hiroshima take. Can you do it as a day trip or is it best to spend the night in Hiroshima before returning to Tokyo?

Well, I am no rockeet scientist, but you can find more information about that on google.com . Wink

Return to Asia Travel