The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

Travel Insurance: Laptop cover

Baltazore

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 12th, 2011
SE Asia in 2 months for max 6 months. Most travel insurance seem to have a per item limit of £100 to £200 with a total usually starting from £1000. Are there any that will include cover for specific items ie Laptop that isn't very old :(

Also I invested in a new bag that is more sturdy than my old cloth one, though now i am slightly worried it **looks** new... mind you 2 months hard abuse before i travel should see it weathered in a bit.

Baltazore

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 13th, 2011
Answering my own post as I found out what i have to do and others may find the info useful.

Have to cover it on a separate policy. Only checked one site as of posting but insureandgo.com quoted me £30 for general (incl's worldwide) insurance for it. New for old £75 excess

karen121

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2011
Hey Baltazore,

answering your own question you may also help me with my problem in connection with travel insurance:

I'm looking for good travel insurance
but I'm not sure whether I need a complete package (which can get pricey) or a cut down 'lite' version for my year in Germany. What do you think? What are the main things I ought to be covered for?

Also, apparently it's sometimes cheaper to get it in the country itself so I've been looking at German websites. I found a place that covers travel cancellation, luggage (may also cover laptop?) and health. I think it's only 29 Euros ( or 89 Euros when you click „Reisepreis 5000 Euro“ - that quite likely for a one year stay abroad ...) but I'm not sure if I have read something wrong due to my poor level of German! Could anyone help me understand what I get for my money? The site is here: http://www.geld.de/reiseversicherung.html

I would really appreciate your help!

Baltazore

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 23rd, 2011
The only measure of a good insurance company is one that pays out to cover situations and occurrences that you believed you were insured for. So be wary of advice concerning companies with whom the giver has not had to make a claim from. This unfortunately would include me as I have never been in the position where i had to make a claim

Also, in your case if your German language skills are not up to par how will you communicate should the need to claim arise?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum