Discuss the importance of vaccines, side affects of medications, water-safety worries and health insurance questions. Research malaria meds, cost of medical treatment overseas and other issues related to health on the road.

Travel Insurance

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: portugal, spain, morocco, travel insurance
  • Added on: March 6th, 2010
This seems like a very well covered topic, but I just have some very basic questions.

I am planning on traveling to Portugal, Spain, and Morocco for about 5 months. Obviously, insurance is a must have.

Do you guys just recommend getting basic travel insurance? I'm pretty low-budget, so I don't need anything too crazy. From what I have read, World Nomads sounds pretty good.

Any information/suggestions would be appreciated.

La Lluvia

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 7th, 2010
The World Nomads is a good plan, I would also suggest the "Patriot International" plan as well. It may be a less expensive. Here is the link to get a quote.

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 10th, 2010
World Nomads certainly have a good rep and you probably won't regret going with them. But it does cover more than just the basics (Medical and Evacuation) so you can probably find something cheaper elsewhere if you need to save a bit of money.

Just make sure that you can find some happy travellers who've also had the insurance. Nothing worse than a good looking policy that doesn't deliver.

As We Travel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2010
Yes, World Nomads ARE very good, and for some people they offer great prices. It differs a lot though, my boyfriend from New Zealand got a real bargain, but for me it was much more expensive so I bought one from my regular 'home' insurance.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 18th, 2010
You can get a policy to cover your. There are a lot of different levels of coverage that are available depending on what you would like to spend. I would recommend one that will pay to fly you back to the states if it is medically necessary. I would speak with a local insurance agent that has experience in the area to make sure you get what you are looking for.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 13th, 2010
you should check once travel insurance offered by multitrip, I recommend this because of your low budget, you can customize your coverages there !! Insurances should buy with greater coverage so try to add more coverages as possible and comes under your budget !!

Return to Health and Travel