Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

Travel Parnter for RTW 2012

sabrinabenzerfa

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 17th, 2011
Hey, I'm 28 and from Zurich, Switzerland. I just finished uni and am working now to save up money to get out of here and see the world. I hope to leave next year and travel for at least a year.

I've been planning this for quite a while now so I have more or less a plan of where to travel. My plan is to start in Sri Lanka/India and travel east from there (Nepal - Bangladesh - Bhutan - Timor and Papua New Guinea and then travel around Australia, New Zealand and some of the surrounding islands. Then, if there is still time and money, I'd like to fly to LA travel around the western part of the US and then all the way down to Panama. Obviousely I'm gonna be on the road quite a bit. I'm not the staying-at-one-place-for-weeks kinda person. I'd like to see as much as I can, make new experiences, meet new people and new culters and exotic animals (maybe do some volunteering with Pandas in China) but also take a rest at the beach once in a while to relax.

However since I find it kinda sacry to do it on my own and it's hard to find people with the time and the money to join me, I'm looking for travel parters with the same interests and same way of travelling, who want to joint parts or all of my journey. As for the date, I'm more or less flexible (though I'd prefer early 2012), just waiting to save up my money, quit my job and leave! =)

PS: I haven't managed to upload a picture but I'll keep trying. =p

rielman

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 27th, 2011
Sabrina,
have you had any luck finding some mates for your trip?

Here are some ideas:

BootsnAll is affiliated with a group called MeetPlanGo.com based out of New York. They specialize in helping others plan their career break trip. Perhaps Michaela or Sherry, the founders, can help if you ask them. Their facebook page has over 1500 career-breakers.

You are definitely welcome to stay with BootsnAll employees is you are traveling around Portland, Oregon (USA) or Romania! Just contact me and we'll find you a host, or I'll be your host.

Will you update us on how your search is going?
I'm excited about your trip!

riel@bootsnall.com

virtuewill

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 9th, 2012
I just finished my RTW trip, about 100 cities, averaged 3 days per city.

Traveling alone was scary to think about but I couldn't have imagined it any other way. Such freedom. And you can use couchsurfing to meet up with locals and other travelers. What I did was just put up an open request on CS and I would get invites all the time.

If I don't find a job I really like within a few months maybe I'll go do it again.

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel