Are you in need of a time-waster and you're sick of Sudoku? Check out this collection of travel-related games.

Travel Place game

Zuleika

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 21st, 2009
mmmm - that one doesnt work - Christopher - it has to begin with the last letter of the previous place!
Life is such an adventure, I can't wait to live it some more.

Haci Richard

Jackson's Dad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 29th, 2009
Here's one that does:

Djibouti(جيبوتي), Djibouti

"it is the sedentary capital of a nomadic people, an African city designed like a European settlement and a kind of French Hong Kong in the Red Sea." according to LP, anyway.

a601mom

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 4th, 2009
How about Isla de la Bahias, better known to us as the Honduran Bay Islands, I think many of us did our SCUBA diving certification there.
"What happens in Central America, will happen, when it happens and if it happens"

Nomadic Nigel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 29th, 2010
St Kilda, a stunning little area of Melbourne. I have visited there a few times now and again later this year!

A is next
Have camera, will travel - you coming bro?

KnottyNikki

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 29th, 2010
Azerbaijan.

I only want to go because the name is fun to say.
“What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing?-it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”~Kerouac

Nomadic Nigel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 30th, 2010
Nfehi.

Nfehi is a small township off the beaten track. I got to it from the road from Essaouria to Marrakech. Not sure why I did it but I decided that a little detour off the main road and through the country would be a good idea. I came across Nfehi as I made my way, the long way, to Marrakech. The little village shows what rural Morrocco is like for many families. Very little to do, abject poverty and squalor. I know that makes the place sound horrific but despite rubbish piled up in the streets, open sewage systems and women washing clothes in clearly contaminated streams the locals could not have been more pleasant. They were genuinely shocked and delighted to see a tourist in their little village. On leaving the village you climb through the lower atlas region into some stunning views.

Wild Jasmyne

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 11th, 2010
Ifrane, Morocco

I haven't been, but I have been to Morocco which is a gorgeous country that I can't wait to see again!! This, interestingly, is a SKI town.. in Morocco! It has Swiss chalets, the works. Even a small upper-class college!

Nomadic Nigel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 12th, 2010
Staying on the Moroccan theme here. There is a place on the Atlantic coast about an hour and a half North of Agadir. It is a small walled fishing town by the name of

Essaouira

Gorgeous place but very windy.

A is next

KathrynD

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 12th, 2010
I was tempted to say "Andalasia" like in Enchanted, but let's go with Alsace-Lorraine instead.
Last edited by KathrynD on July 22nd, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Wild Jasmyne

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 21st, 2010
Just to keep the ball rolling with this one, gonna go with Entebbe, Uganda. The official capital has a small town feel right next to the docks of Lake Victoria. You fly in here, usually pass straight through but the chill atmosphere warrants a couple days.

E again!

seraphim

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 28th, 2010
Echternach, Luxemburg. Lovely little town. I read somewhere it's the most touristy place in all of Luxemburg, and it obviously is touristy, but not so much that it becomes annoying or you can't even tell which country you're in anymore. Been there three times and wouldn't mind going again right away, both for the natural surroundings and the town itself.

Karlien
---
Don't click here.

KathrynD

Share on Orkut

I'll say Heidelberg, Germany then.

Hope it hasn't been named before. Touristy place I know, but I still like it and I get there a lot for business reasons.

Grey

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

Grand Canyon.

It's this big hole in the ground somewhere in the states..

Wandering Africa for a year in Search of Sunsets.

KathrynD

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 29th, 2010
Niamey. Niger's capital on the Niger river.

seraphim

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 29th, 2010
Yakouta, Burkina Faso

Small Fulani village on the shore of a lake. Perfect daytrip from Dori, my husband's home town. Went there the first time when I was just recovering from malaria and wasn't up to any further travel yet, the second time on my last trip to Burkina, when there was no electricity in Dori and we couldn't get cold drinks anywhere. And as Yakouta doesn't have regular electricity supply anyway, they have alternative sources and we could get cold drinks there :D
Karlien
---
Don't click here.

PreviousNext

Return to Travel Games