Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Two months in Asia.. please help with Itinerary!

mrisajne

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: thailand, myanmar, cambodia, laos, vietnam, bali, indonesia, malaysia
  • Added on: June 1st, 2011
Hi, my name is Marissa and I am currently trying to put together a 2 month backpacking trip in southeast asia and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good itinerary or help add/fix mine? What I had so far is flying into Bangkok and head up north to Chiang Mai and from there go to Myanmar(however I can't find a flight). I wanted to do Burma (Mandalay, Bagan, Rangoon), head back to Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket, maybe Pattaya or Koi Samoi), Cambodia (for Angkor Wat, maybe Siem Reap, and Phnom Penn), and also a week in Bali. Was considering Vientiane, Ho Chi Mihn, Kuala Lumpur, Java, or Singapore too but figured time woudln't permit all of it. Please help!

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 2nd, 2011
Could be wrong but don't think the odds of flying to Myanmar from Chiang Mai are very good, why not go straight from Bangkok to Yangon. Check into flights from Yangon to Siem Reap, carry on to Phnom Penh, overland up to Vientaine, then Chiang Mai. Then head south to Phuket etc, when you only have a week left fly to Bali.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

mrisajne

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 2nd, 2011
That sounds good.. I am guessing that the flights will save me a ton of time. I was thinking that if I did it by land I would save some money and get to see more of the land, but since this is my first adventure I don't want to completely drain myself and become miserable either. I will definitely check in to those flights asap!

Return to Asia Travel