Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in London with a 12-hour layover.

Visit to Spain

GilbertRobbins

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 3rd, 2011
Culturally, Spain is plagued with fabulous old buildings, from Roman aqueducts and Islamic palaces to Gothic cathedrals. Almost every second village has a medieval castle. Spain has been the home of some of the world's great artists too. The country trembles with music of every kind - from the drama of flamenco to the melancholy lyricism of the Celtic music and gaitas (bagpipes) of the northwest.
Travel to Spain is easy, accommodation is plenteous, the weather is caring, the people are relaxed, the beaches long and sandy, the food and drink easy to come by and full of regional varieties. More than 50 million foreigners a year visit Spain, yet you can also travel for days and enjoy your remarkable tour.

Holidays in Spain are nowadays cheaper than ever and if you're smart enough to explore the sites you use to look for your cheap holidays you can be sure to save money. If you are planning where to go in Spain, these are few options that you should certainly cover during your visit.

Madrid the capital of Spain is certainly worth a visit. It is famous for its assortment of museums and castles.

Barcelona, center of catalunya, well known for the summer Olympic Games it hosted. Visit the Sagrada Familia, the parque Guell with its wonderful Gaudi artwork, the mountain Montuijc and the ramblas.

Valencia is about 2 hours in the north of Alicante, a place to visit if you are around the Costa Blanca area. Valencia is well famed for its Fallas. The Fallas are the biggest tourist attraction. Like a holy week, with its street revels and parades, shown like nowhere else.
I rely on my car hire

Erika Ayala

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 4th, 2011
Reading your post wants me to go to Spain now. I was supposed to go to Spain this September but then, my family needs me since my cousins from England are coming over.
If I go to Spain, my plan is to simply enjoy the culture, the sceneries, the antique places, the shopping spots and of course, the FOOD! :)
I'm so enticed to go to Espanya. Hope I can visit the beautiful country ASAP! :)
It's for the Kids!! Support Adopt A School

stevieg

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 4th, 2011
I lived in Spain for 5 years with my family and even though we saw only a small fraction, mainly Andalucia, there are so many great places to visit. For anyone going on holiday to spain, I would really recommend hiring a car and going visiting some of the great cities. Even just in Andalucia there is the Alhambra Palace in Granada, along with great skiing in the Sierra Nevada, the Mezquita in Cordoba, the bridge in Ronda, Gibraltar and the beautiful city of Sevilla. All are within a few hours drive no matter where you stay in Andalucia.

I lived in Torrox Pueblo just 50km from Malaga going in the better direction towards Almunecar, and it is a picturesque white-washed village just 2km inland from the coast. It is known as having 'el mejor clima de Europa' (best climate in Europe) due to its location at the foot of the Alpujarras. It has a large English community but is stil very spanish with a plaza surrounded by spanish bars and orange trees. Paco's Bar is a great place to sit outside - in 3 years I never saw him smile but we used to get 50c tapas so I think he liked us. The beach is sandy on Torrox Costa but only because they replace it each year after the sea has washed it away, and just down the road is the popular fishing village Nerja and the beautiful Frigiliana just inland which holds its very own bull-run each year, which was great fun and a must for any mad Englishman.

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 5th, 2011
Spain to me means the Camino de Santiago, where I can get in shape, visit old towns and churches, and walk alone from alberque to alberque on a constant walking meditation in the pyrennees. In between I can see the towns of Burgos and Leon, which have just about the most spectacular cathedrals in Spain, counting the one in Granada.

Aside from that, I still need to see sevilla and a few other cities.

Return to Europe Travel