Ask SouthAfricaLogue.com and other SA fans about all the hidden secrets of Cape Town, Jo'burg, shark diving, safaris and many more highlights of South Africa.

Volunteering at Makalali Game Reserve

rhight

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: Makalali, Siyafunda, Enkosini, volunteer vacation
  • Added on: December 28th, 2009
Hi,

Has anyone volunteered on the Siyafunda project at Makalali Game Reserve offered by Enkosini Eco Experience? I am considering this program for a volunteer "vacation" and am looking for some first-hand feedback.

Thanks!

tactile

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 16th, 2010
I have an online friend just been there.
If you follow this link
http://holesinmysoles.blogspot.com/
and go to My Followers, Lisa has just returned .I'm awaiting a report on how she's enjoyed her time there.

tactile

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 16th, 2010
Incidentally, we've been on two other projects that Enkosini offer, both in Namibia.If you want, I can advise, or you'll read a few blogs at the link I gave.Under Africa 2008,Desert Elephants, and Africa 2009 ,Naankuse.

rhight

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 17th, 2010
Thanks Tactile. I'm not very experienced with blogs and I don't see a link for My Followers. Can you help?

rhight

tactile

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Can help with general questions only re Enkosini or wildlife volunteering.But I'll message Lisa and ask her about her time there at Siyafunda.
Are you set on Siyafunda or open to Naankuse,Namibian Wildlife Sanctuary, which is also marketed by Enkosini?My wife and 2 daughters met up there .Wonderful time.You'll find a blog on my site under Africa 2009.And there is also a 'Why volunteers Matter' blog by Naankuse there.
http://holesinmysoles.blogspot.com/sear ... ain%202009
There are about 3 blogs on Naankuse, just scroll down.Good background info on wildlife volunteering.
Got a lot more to write about our adventure.
Last edited by tactile on May 19th, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

rhight

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

I am looking for information on Siyafunda. I've read your post of Enkosini and am satisfied with the company. I would really appreciate you asking Lisa for her input. I have found very few first hand experiences with Siyafunda.

Thanks,
rhight

tactile

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 19th, 2010
She's possibly still wandering around Africa....I'll email her.
Meantime, this is her blog-
http://stolenmomentscafe.blogspot.com/

Quite poetic, and her video is a joy to watch.May give you a sense of what she has experienced there.I'm sure she'll post more on her blog about Siyafunda.Keep a watch on it.

Return to South Africa Travel