Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Volunteering at Traveller Not Tourist or Aldea Yanapay

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 12th, 2011
We are looking for some volunteering opportunities in South America (Peru or Chile) and came across these two organizations: Traveller Not Tourist (in Arequipa) and Aldea Yanapay (in Cuzco). Curious to know if anybody has had some experience volunteering with them and would like to learn more about the experience.

Appreciate any insights! And if you've had some good volunteering experience with other organizations, we'd love to hear about them too.

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 12th, 2011
Have you checked out this site:

I'm not personally a fan of volunteering through a placement agency. I'd rather give the money directly to the organization I'm volunteering with. Plus I've heard too many horror stories from both volunteers and organizations (though not about the two you mentioned specifically). Personally I just usually find a place when I'm on the ground but if you don't have time, arranging in advance is your best bet.

have fun!
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

Return to South America Travel