Travel from a student's perspective. Learn how to vacation between semesters, the benefits of studying overseas and where to get excellent spring break deals. Research affordable weekend getaways and debate what provides a better education: school or the world?

volunteering work

samvit

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 25th, 2011
am planing to do some volunteer work in Asia and i am looking for people who have already done some volunteer work or who are interested in doing it some time in the future. i want to know about there experiences. hhmm wish to find some one who have similar wish to volunteer for a longer period of time.

clare87

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 1st, 2011
I'd love to do something like this:

http://www.animal-job.co.uk/voluntary-w ... broad.html

But I also want to travel the world and don't see how I could find the time or resources to do both.

Do you not want to travel also?

Peter Lee

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2011
That seems great. When I was doing my bachelor degree I Joined NSS for fullfill my desire to work for common people. Later I joined Red Cross Society! Now I ma working with Luthern Social Services. Now I am looking forward to do something for home less peoples. Thanks for the post!

Ankitjha

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 3rd, 2011
Even i am Intrested in social service and i am planning to do some thing for the orphans who dont have their own people and shelter :( !!
Orphanages and care centers in Asia are filled with chances to do care work because there are children who need a wide assortment of help and care. You can work in a multitude of Asian countries such as Cambodia, India, and Mongolia.

I worked at St johns school for Indian orphans, sometimes teaching and other times just playing with the children or helping them informally with their English. The children were really lovely and it was so hard to leave their beautiful smiling faces. They make you feel really special and were always fascinated by my blonde hair and my clothes. :)

Return to Student Travel