Want to Write for a Magazine?
As you may know, there is a lack of adventure travel magazines on the Apple iTunes Newsstand and Google Play for the Android tablet, which I personally believe is a shame.
Because of this (and my love for travel and writing), a friend and I have decided to publish a self-financed multi-platform digital magazine. I'm launching an adventure travel Magazine (which will be called ‘Frontier Travel Magazine’) that will be accessible by tablet or smartphone (on both Apple iOS (iPad/iPhone) and Android tablets). The magazine will include contributions from journalists, writers, travel bloggers and enthusiasts from the world of travel.
The magazine should have a reach of approximately 100,000 people upon launch in December.
As well as the "usual" of giving you a bio and picture to go along with your article, I can also include a link to your website (in order to drive some of my subscribers to you).
We aspire to bring our readers on the journey with us and also encourage them to pursue their own adventures. With a focus on independent and sustainable travel as well as outdoor activities in adventurous places (such as backpacking, trekking, climbing and cycle touring) and local culture, we'll be covering far-flung destinations and experiential journeys instead of family vacations and city breaks.
What will you be writing about?
Adventure travel. What is 'adventure travel'? According to Wikipedia, "Adventure travel may be any tourist activity, including two of the following three components: a physical activity, a cultural exchange or interaction and engagement with nature."
Here's a list of the types of articles I'm looking for:
• Narrative accounts of travel experiences - Inspirational first-person, narrative accounts of your travel experience through a country/region
• Destination features - Practical guides on a specific destination – a country or a region – or an activity, e.g. cycling in Chile, tubing in Laos or a guide to Thailand’s Full Moon Party)
• Smart travel guides - Practical guides for travelers explain how people can save money or make their travels better or easier.)
• Photo essays - Photos essays use striking, high-quality photos to showcase a destination or a culture
• Under the radar features – Interesting countries/regions that haven't been discovered by mass tourism yet
• Interviews – Interviews with top explorers and adventurers
• Gear Guides/Reviews – Reviews of travel gear (such as backpacks or gadgets) to help people pack for their trips.
It doesn’t have to be Shakespearean standard - as long as it’s honest, informative and something that people will enjoy reading.
How often will you need to write?
There is no commitment to write regularly, but there is plenty of room for regular contributors (providing what you write is decent).
We want to collaborate with talented writers regardless of whether you want to contribute regular articles or simply offer one-off guest pieces.
Note that this magazine will be a monthly publication, so there will be a need for regular content.
If you are a blogger, professional journalist or writer, someone looking to break into the industry and raise your profile, or you just enjoy writing about travel, Frontier Travel Magazine can help you out.
Why am I posting this here?
I’ve been a part of the BootsnAll forums/community for a while now and I know that this is the kind of place that attracts intelligent, travel-educated people, some of whom enjoy writing.
If you’re interested in writing for the magazine, give me a shout at email@example.com
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests