Whether it's diving in Belize or venturing on an eco-trek in Costa Rica, you'll find answers to your questions on Central America travel here.

Weather Problems in Guatemala

juan3

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 30th, 2010
As of 10 PM Sunday night the total dead from the tropical storm is 82 with 50-60 missing,14 bridges are washed out, and the storm has hindered the clean up of ash from Volcan Pacaya. The authorities are hoping to open Airport Aurora Tuesday. It is difficult to travel by road for more than 5-10 miles without encountering problems.

If anyone can arrange to wait for a week or two before coming to Guatemala for vacation they will have a much more relaxed and enjoyable time.
----------------------------------------- I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.-Mark Twain

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 31st, 2010
Thanks for the update as planning to be in Antigua around the end of June. Hope there are no more deaths from the storms.
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

huellas316

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 4th, 2010
thanks for the update! i'll be heading down to C.A. on 4 july (independence day is the best day to escape the U.$., i would say!)... hoping and praying that this hurricane season isn't as tumultuous as they say it may be, and that the guatemalan people are able to recover quickly from this :\

namaste, blessed b,
~ melissA

Return to Central America Travel