What country has the best cuisine? What did you eat that made you sick? What on earth is airline food really made of? Get answers to these burning questions and more in the Food and Travel Forum.

Weight!!!

Ksiu

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 4th, 2011
busman7 wrote:When am traveling steadily I loose a bit due to a lot of walking but when I take a break put it back on due to sampling the local brews. :)

Almost the same situation, but I gain the weight when I travel and then gain the weight when I come back. Trying to follow the diet is a good idea in my case. :D

Food Pilgrim

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 7th, 2011
Traveling anywhere outside of the US, Especially Europe and South America), I always get fitter. This is a combination of more activity (walking), better food quality (better meat and produce), and smaller portions (more satisfying foods).

America simply has poor food culture, and it takes significant effort to procure foods that your body responds to. The culture also encourages over-eating, straight up.

Ksiu

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 8th, 2011
Food Pilgrim wrote:Traveling anywhere outside of the US, Especially Europe and South America), I always get fitter. This is a combination of more activity (walking), better food quality (better meat and produce), and smaller portions (more satisfying foods).

America simply has poor food culture, and it takes significant effort to procure foods that your body responds to. The culture also encourages over-eating, straight up.

The problem of overeating and corpulence is the major problem in America today, you are quite right. People are disturbed by this problem and try to find the outcomes.

jessus

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 23rd, 2011
On my longest trip so far, 10 weeks in Western Europe, I thought I would end up gaining weight because I tend to gain easily, and ate whatever I wanted. It turned out I was exactly the same weight as I was when I left. I think the walking made up for it.

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 1st, 2011
i think for the most part I have gained weight. I tend to eat cheap, fried, fast foods when I am traveling. I also drink about 95% more when I'm traveling then when I am home. I know most people think "well I am going to be walking a lot so I'll defintely lose weight and I'll be on a tight budget." That never works for me tight budget just =s bad food like Mcdonald's and the local like and not healthy food which I prepare at home...

The people that lose 30 pounds traveling must be the ones that starve themselves on a ridiculously tight budget, fill up on water and some bread and resist the urge to eat crappy fast food.
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 1st, 2011
Eppyboy wrote:The people that lose 30 pounds traveling must be the ones that starve themselves on a ridiculously tight budget, fill up on water and some bread and resist the urge to eat crappy fast food.

Ridiculously tight budget, yes.
But the only time in 15 months that this meant we ate at McDonalds was in Hong Kong. Everywhere else (that we went) there were cheaper options.
And we didn't eat poorly: http://blogs.bootsnall.com/kiwifamily/e ... traditions

I am convinced the walking has heaps to do with it.
At the beginning of this year I realised I had put on 12kg in the year since returning home from travelling. I had not been eating more, but had been exercising less. So six weeks ago I started walking again - usually 8-12km most days. I have lost 3kg already.

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 2nd, 2011
was the mcdonalds in hong kong you went too in causeway bay near queen victoria park?

I have frequented that establishment a few times during my few times to hong kong.
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 2nd, 2011
Eppyboy wrote:was the mcdonalds in hong kong you went too in causeway bay near queen victoria park?

I have frequented that establishment a few times during my few times to hong kong.

We were staying at the inaptly named Chung King Mansions on Nathan Road - McDonalds was just round the corner and we only went to it when the little family-run stall we usually frequented was closed.

Previous

Return to Food & Travel