Too often lumped in with North America, Mexico is a country that stands out on its own.

Weight!

Charissa

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 3rd, 2010
Just a question for all you fellow long-term travelers:

Do you find that you gain weight on long trips, or lose it???

Just curious :)

~Charissa

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 4th, 2010
Rice, chicken & noodles don't tend to lead to weight gain. LOL
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 4th, 2010
without a shadow of a doubt - LOSE!

Guy Courchesne

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 5th, 2010
All this great Mexican food caused me to put on nearly 20 pounds right after I hit 30 years old (have been in Mexico 10 years). The combination of age and all these tacos is proving to be a challenging duo to combat!
Life is a verb, not a noun - Working Hard and Blogging Lots

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 6th, 2010
Depends on where. I'm a big foodie, and have a hard time mustering an appetite when the diet is really monotonous. I lost weight in Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, because I quickly grew tired of nasi goreng and mie goreng every meal of the day. After a few months there, I flew into Singapore and traveled to Malaysia, where I quickly gained back all that weight and more. In Central America, I tend to lose weight, since rice and beans three meals a day bores me to tears. In Mexico, I usually add a little bit.

Cube Dreamer

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 7th, 2010
For what its worth, my BF and I probably gained 10 - 15 pds over 9- 10 months while travelling eastern europe and asia about 5 years ago (too many dumplings). For vanity purposes, we ended up joining a local gym at our last destination (for 6 weeks .... we were just staying put for 2 months) and both lost all the weight + some. We were in Thailand, so we just sucked down local fruits the whole time.

We ended up feeling fantastic when we returned home rather than heavily bloated.... so the small sacrifice was worth it :-)

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 10th, 2010
I always lose weight when I travel.

A lot depends on your lifestyle at home. If at home, you go to the gym 3 days a week, watch your diet and are, as a result, quite trim...you will probably gain weight because you will have to eat what's available, and will not have the same exercise routine.

I, on the other hand, sit at a desk 8 hours per day, and probably eat too much processed food out of boredom. It's not that I'm unhealthy - I am quite active outside work, and only marginally overweight - but my traveling lifestyle is a lot better.

YogaForLife

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 8th, 2010
depends, but if you are in mexico or some where hot you will def lose. when it's so hot outside I dont think you eat as much and you drink more water which is better for you. Also try to not eat any packaged food. All natural food is a good pattern to stick too.

I have lived on the beach for years in Bali and I definitely lost weight.

Return to Mexico Travel