Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

What price should I pay for things in Bali?

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 10th, 2010
I have heard that I should pay about 1/4 to 1/3rd or the opening price.

We have been to Thailand so we are used to the bartering process. However for things like DVD's if one dvd costs say 10k rupiah could I expect to get 11 for 100k? or 12 for 200k?

I used to find that they would normally accept 1/3rd of the opening price if you haggled with them for a while & said you were leaving once or twice. Is this the same?

I never buy on the 1st day of being there & always save most things till I get used to the way thisngs work.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 16th, 2010
This blog has some good info for you on that.

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 28th, 2010
This is quite an interesting topic.

Return to Bali Travel Forum