Discuss and debate travel gear: backpacks, boots, packing stuff and all things technical like phones, mp3 players, GPS systems and other techno-gadgets.

What's your worst travel experience till now?

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 12th, 2011
Only on leg 3 of my Greyhound/Buses Americanos in the US & it's shaping up to being to be an experience I will NOT repeat! :(
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Jeanie99

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 26th, 2011
Windsurfing in Lanzarote, went out in a 3 to 4 wind, perfect sailing for an intermediate windsurfer. Within a hour the wind had changed to a 5 - 6 with a huge swell. My mast was lower than the swell top it was terrifying. Once the winds gone the sail drops and there you are and unless you are very quick you are in big trouble.
I only sail in an on shore wind so I was taken back to land but onto rocks, three French guys and two English guys saw my situation and came down to lift me out of the sea. My mast and sail were in pieces but my board and me survived to sail another day.
I might add I was a little younger then.
Jean

Previous

Return to Travel Gear & Gadgets