The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

What strange place are you logging in from?

KnottyNikki

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: July 17th, 2009
Backlasher: Dingle, Ireland? It's beautiful there and I'm jealous, haha. If you're still there you should go to Paul Geaney's pub for awesome fish and chips. Mmmm.

Sorry, I'm not posting from anywhere wild or interesting.
“What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing?-it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”~Kerouac

suttoh

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 20th, 2009
not strange but at emu plains australia

backlasher

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 22nd, 2009
KnottyNikki,
Yeah, it was Dingle, Ireland. The country was beautiful, the people were beautiful and the weather was beautiful. I don't think it got much over 70 degrees F while I was there and the pilot, on the way home, said it was 101 in Houston.
The feature I most value in a pack is a Sherpa.
Static

Haci Richard

Jackson's Dad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 3rd, 2009
I'm at my mother-in-law's in Auburn, NY, a little city in the Finger Lakes Region whose main street is decorated with Alaska flags at the moment.

Bideshi

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 11th, 2009
The floor of TPE next to an outlet - Taiwan. On a layover on the way to LAX. It's a surprisingly cool terminal. The tourism board clearly dropped a lot of money on the decorations. But it worked - after walking around and looking at all the photos and displays I have to admit I'm rather keen on a visit the island sometime...

PhotoChick

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 29th, 2009
A random couchsurf I set up in Hackney Wick, London.

PhotoChick
Latest Adventure: Una Moto en Argentina
Check out my RTW blog

jv

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 3rd, 2009
The balcony of my new house in Phnom Penh. Finally.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 4th, 2009
The ferry I was planning to take from Vladivostok today was cancelled so I caught the one for Sokcho Korea last yesterday & am logging in from Sokcho Royal Hotel.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 5th, 2009
busman7 wrote:The ferry I was planning to take from Vladivostok today was cancelled so I caught the one for Sokcho Korea last yesterday & am logging in from Sokcho Royal Hotel.

Is there a ferry from Sokcho direct to Vladivostok now? When I lived in Korea, it dropped you off in Zarubino.

I'm logging in from ... work in Minneapolis.

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 6th, 2009
According to the "offical schudule" it leaves Vladivostok 10:30 Sat stops in Zarubino & continues to Sokcho taking 24 hrs but it delayed sailing until about 2:30 pm Sunday & went straight to Sokcho arriving 10:30.

Operated by Dong Chun Ferry it's just basic transportation but for $223 US 1st class not a bad deal
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

skobb

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 13th, 2009
The Admiral's Lounge in Miami International Airport awaiting my flight to DC. $50 for a day pass, but I have a 3 hour layover so I figured it was worth it to escape the huddled masses for a while.

skobb

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 21st, 2009
Now I'm in the US Airways lounge in DC. In fact, I've now been at the airport for 13 hours. Only about 13 more to go until my flight. Hopefully...

Bubbha

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2010
A bedroom in downtown Taipei.
--
"Qian li zhi xing, shi yu zu xia." - Chinese proverb

backlasher

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 16th, 2010
The Green Mount B&B in Dingle, Ireland.
Static

backlasher

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 6th, 2010
I'm logging in from my home but in about two hours I leave to go on a family cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'm taking a (cough) rolling suitcase for this trip. Just got back from Ireland where sleet was falling one day. I don't think it'll sleet in Jamaica.
Static

PreviousNext

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum