Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

What to do??!!! advice please!!

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: May 19th, 2011
Ok so im planing a trip in jan 2012 for 3 months, this is'nt the first time i will be traveling long haul, but the first time i will be going to multi continents without knowing anyone at the destinations.

Iv been looking at RWT as a whole, so a lump sum to pay an then my travel will be booked before i go, but im not sure wether to just wing it, get a flight to OZ an then pay another flight to Bali etc.

If anyone can give me some advice on what to do would be brill,

Thanx xxx :D

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

First of all, welcome to the boards, Anna_may! :D

Now, one of the great features here is the "search" function. There is a library of brilliant travel advice to be sorted through here at BnA, and if you search with key words such as "RTW vs. point to point tickets" you will come up with several long, insightful threads that may help answer your question.

Here's my 2 cents, though - any time a company performs a service for you, they are making money somehow. Buying a RTW ticket is never going to be the cheapest way to go.

Good luck planning your RTW trip! 8-)

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

I completely disagree with the statement "Buying a RTW ticket is never going to be the cheapest way to go." At least it sure wasn't true in my case with my One World RTW purchased through American Airlines. I also did an extra 21 point to point flights over & above the 10 included in the RTW.

I just priced my itinerary with One World, the other alliances didn't fly where I wanted or included Air Canada who I refuse to fly, Air Treks was 20% more expensive on my itinerary & point to point more costly yet. *note I planned the trip myself, went to the airport myself to buy the ticket, didn't use an agent

My advise, check all the above for your itinerary & go with the best bang for the buck
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel