Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

When is the best time to go to Bali?

Erika Ayala

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 31st, 2011
My friend is asking me about Bali. But I can't tell her that much information since I haven't been there. Does anyone of you know when is the best time for my friend to visit Bali? :D
What are the top 5 things she should bring if Bali is her destination?
It's for the Kids!! Support Adopt A School

Sean

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 1st, 2011
Hey Erika,

Anytime is a good time to visit Bali IMO. June, July, August-ish tend to be a bit cooler than the rest of the year.

As for what to bring - not much. They have just about everything there that you could need.

Nick, wrote about what to bring on BootsnAll's guide to Bali - BaliBlog.com

What to bring to Bali
http://www.baliblog.com/travel-tips/top ... -bali.html

Have fun - I love Bali - hope you do too.

yongmorgan

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 9th, 2011
The best time to visit Bali is April to September as the weather remains dry during this period. However it is also not bad to visit during other months as the weather remains quite nice but rain may occur occasionally.

walker11

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 21st, 2011
The best time to visit Bali is in the dry season between April and September. During these months the island offers a bright climate with low humidity, partial rainfall and fresh evenings. Bali is great destination for relaxing and taking a break out of your daily routine.

Enjoy your stay there.

cumiboy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 5th, 2011
Yap agree with walker, the best time is during April - September. For last 3 years, i always travel to Bali in August and it never rain, but for this year, i travel alone in late May 2011 (due to my friends can not join so i prefer to go alone than cancel my flight), is there anyone who like to join? I'm indonesian citizen.

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 10th, 2011
Here's a handy post about weather in Bali.

Ankitjha

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 25th, 2011
The island has two distinct seasons - wet between October and March, dry between April and September - but even during the wet season the rain showers tend to be short and sharp and usually occur at night, leaving the days sunny but humid.

The best time to visit Bali is in the dry season between April and September. During these months the island offers a sunny climate with low humidity, limited rainfall and cool evenings.

J.Wentworth

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 21st, 2011
It depends on the particular individual traveler about the best time. July and August are the most crowded time at Bali. maximum tourist explore Bali on These months. December and January are also crowded months due to Christmas and New year. Month of March and September are also good time for visit Bali. But from my view best time to travel Bali is in the month of July and August. Hope this information helps you.

Regards and Thanks.
Jason Wentworth

JasmineEVS

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 10th, 2011
I also believe that any month and season is suitable to go to this paradise, so my advice to everybody planning a holiday there is: go as soon as possible, the first possible moment, you will definitely go back again and again, so you could enjoy any month there!

sjb1983

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 20th, 2012
I'd say September as it still has the cooler temperatures of the dry season without the crazy crowds of July/August.

If you come in April/May, it may be very humid still (it is this year). The wet season is pretty intense with the humidity and the rains make everything so much dirtier (namely the beaches where rubbish flows directly out into the sea by the tonne).

June/July are horrible traffic-wise as so many domestic tourists come over from places like Java in their cars for the school summer holidays and clog up the roads - it gets out of control, trust me!

Hope that's of help and good luck with the planning.

Steve
For further info, check out my blog on Bali - Life in Bali

WorldTravelFamily

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 30th, 2012
We went to Bali at the "wrong" time of year, February. The flights were a lot cheaper then, that's always a good thing when you are deciding when to visit. It was hot and humid but we saw no rain during the day, everything was very pleasant and Ubud was perfect, climate wise. We live in FN Queensland, the weather was certainly better in Bali than it is at home at that time of year. What to take..normal stuff, nothing special. Bali is fantastic and very easy to get around.

siekcai

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 21st, 2012
In my opinion the best time to go in Bali is in new year time. In 20 December - 2 January. Because at that time it will be very much people holiday in there.

JMF

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 10th, 2013
July, August, September are nice season to visit Bali, nice weather, very very sunny.

Return to Bali Travel Forum